Can someone replicate this dripping wet clean tone?

Slammin Mofo

Inspired

The signal chain is as follows:

Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp
||
V
DBX 160X Compressor
||
V
Dytronics CS-5 Tri-Stereo Chorus
||
V
Eventide H3000 Ultra Harmonizer
||
V
Strymon TimeLine Delay

The pure guitar sound without FX is no big deal, the hard part is making the effects sound the way they do in the video above and I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out with this one!

I'm on it since a few weeks ago! I will share the patch when it's completely done. Your signal chain is a bit wrong by the way. Most of the FX are working in parallel. This is where I'm at right now.

My main issue for the moment is getting the hissing compressor pink noise down. I can't seem to do this without losing the high end sparkle. Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Last edited:
anybody try my patch?

just watched the video again and i'm pretty sure everything is in series. the delays are at any rate....at 1:24 you can clearly hear that the eventide cascading into the strymon

anybody try my patch?

just watched the video again and i'm pretty sure everything is in series. the delays are at any rate....at 1:24 you can clearly hear that the eventide cascading into the strymon

your's sounded cool but very different. Your's was way darker and the tri chorus didn't sound the same.

I'm on it since a few weeks ago! I will share the patch when it's completely done. Your signal chain is a bit wrong by the way. Most of the FX are working in parallel. This is where I'm at right now.

My main issue for the moment is getting the hissing compressor pink noise down. I can't seem to do this without losing the high end sparkle. Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Missing Mr sparkle on top.

well the amp sound is probably easy to get with a bit of eq, the challenge here is the tri chorus. i couldn't find any info on the web about specs. we need to know things like predelays, waveforms and rates if we're going to get close. i quite liked my patch, even though it wasn't that close...it was just a starting point really.

Is because I used Mr. Les Paul. With Mr. James Tyler it sound like dis:

That sounded really cool!
Are you using the midboost (on and at zero) on the Tyler if you have it in yours?
I find that it adds a cool sheen for that 80`s clean sound when using it on my Tylers.

Can you post the preset? Would love to try it out

well the amp sound is probably easy to get with a bit of eq, the challenge here is the tri chorus. i couldn't find any info on the web about specs. we need to know things like predelays, waveforms and rates if we're going to get close. i quite liked my patch, even though it wasn't that close...it was just a starting point really.

Might find some info on Hugeracksinc since some of those guys have trichorus`es and they are often discussed over there.
Will try your preset later tonight.

That sounded really cool!
Are you using the midboost (on and at zero) on the Tyler if you have it in yours?
I find that it adds a cool sheen for that 80`s clean sound when using it on my Tylers.

Can you post the preset? Would love to try it out

Thanks! No, mid boost on this but I like that sound too and will probably end up using it for final touches. I have a new type of Mid Boost which doesn't cut as much highs as the ones that are in Tyler guitars per default.

I'm not trying to replicate the sounds in the video posted by OP. I'm trying to build a patch that replicates the clean tones on Landau's TFTB album. So most of my comments here are not applicable(!!!)... I'm sorry, I should've kept quiet. Anyway, I will share the patch when I'm done fiddling with it. I want it to be something really special. I'll post it in a new thread along with a long write up about Landau's rigg and what not... In due time. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! No, mid boost on this but I like that sound too and will probably end up using it for final touches. I have a new type of Mid Boost which doesn't cut as much highs as the ones that are in Tyler guitars per default.

I'm not trying to replicate the sounds in the video posted by OP. I'm trying to build a patch that replicates the clean tones on Landau's TFTB album. So most of my comments here are not applicable(!!!)... I'm sorry, I should've kept quiet. Anyway, I will share the patch when I'm done fiddling with it. I want it to be something really special. I'll post it in a new thread along with a long write up about Landau's rigg and what not... In due time. :)

Cool!
Will look out for that, TFTB is the benchmark for those kinda tones :)

For me the presets from Swe Chef (LP & Taylor) and simeon sounded very cool. Infact liked them more than the video which sounded a bit harsh, but that might be youtube even at HD?

I liked that patch as well. Italio has some descriptions of the trichorus for the h8000. I have the preset loaded on mine. I can check the algorithm out in vsig.

Back
Top Bottom