LPD TNT Le Tekro Intuition Tone Clone

Nice, and thank you!! I will give 'er a whirl tonight!!....

I've been toying with the Marshall JVM, looking for that nice "thunk" (yet clear) middy sound. I'm going to experiment with TNT clips and also hit Steel Panther's intro to "Eatin' aint Cheatin' (and a few others off their first cd) to see how close I can get too, What tone!

Unfortunately, due to running in-ears live and at rehearsal, I can never give a "full test" until it's almost showtime (which sucks) and I never have the opportunity to tweak there. I'll give you a heads up on how it sounds through my headphones though,hahaha...

Cheers, and thanks again for all your contributions!

Yes please keep me in the loop on how it sounds and what it might need. I dont know that I will get a chance to revisit it any time soon though.

question

If I have two posts I apologize, I wanted to ask how can I get this preset in my axe 2 without the exchange being functional. I know it is downloaded as a syx file and I thought it would be as easy as downloading it into one of the folders (a friend suggested bank because he said that was how he did it) but it didn't work for me. I am a huge LeTekro fan so any help would greatly be appreciated and feedback will be left if I can audition/save this preset! Thank you in advance!

B

Last edited:
If I have two posts I apologize, I wanted to ask how can I get this preset in my axe 2 without the exchange being functional. I know it is downloaded as a syx file and I thought it would be as easy as downloading it into one of the folders (a friend suggested bank because he said that was how he did it) but it didn't work for me. I am a huge LeTekro fan so any help would greatly be appreciated and feedback will be left if I can audition/save this preset! Thank you in advance!

B

I think this may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEpCOtybgpk&feature=plcp

The only thing I dont go into great detail on is how to get the .syx file into Axe Manage but i think there is enough there to help you.

Unless of course I am misunderstanding your question because you mention Axe-change but I think you may have meant Axedit. You should be able to click on the preset link and download the .syx file. the video should help with the rest.

Any of you 50 or so guys that have downloaded the LPD TNT Intuition Tone Clone patch get a chance to try it out yet? I haven't had any free time to do a quality control check on it and I'm dyin' the hear if it passes muster with everyone :D

I very quickly gave it a run last night.

To be fair to you, I'm running through headphones when AXE is at home, so I can't make any accurate, and fair feedback.

It did seem a bit on the high-end side (could be the cans on my head!!) BUT I listened to Intuition, and his tone seemed to have a more high end sizzle to it than the "Tell no Tales" album(which I was seeking)

It could very well be bang on,..I just can't make a fair reply with my equipment :cry

Thanks for the preliminary report. Anyone else having downloaded the the patch, can give a report on how close it is?

Love this patch!!! I played it for about a half hour using an RG with a Tone Zone in the bridge also tried it using a strat copy with Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pups and was great as well. Seems to be spot on to me and at 102+ db it really opens up =)
What amazes me is that I keep thinking it will be a Tone Match process and its YOU nailing the tone. Very plug and play.
Greg

Love this patch!!! I played it for about a half hour using an RG with a Tone Zone in the bridge also tried it using a strat copy with Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pups and was great as well. Seems to be spot on to me and at 102+ db it really opens up =)
What amazes me is that I keep thinking it will be a Tone Match process and its YOU nailing the tone. Very plug and play.
Greg

Thanks Greg!

I did some more research and apparently he liked to run the original Boss BF-2 Flanger in front of his amp with all the knobs to the left except the manual knob to the right(fixed sweep) for the EQ value it brought to his rig. It just so happens I have an original 1981 Bf-2 that I set like this and captured an IR of it. It's a pretty interesting sound for sure. I also A/B-ed mine with the Mono Analog Flanger in the AxeFx II until I got them sounding the same. I will post both to Axe-change once I figure out how to save just the effect block.

Thanks for reporting back!

I like it but feel it needs more gain

Yeah his rhythm tone on that tune doesn't have that much gain. When I played with this yesterday I found I liked it a bit more with the drive on the amp up about .5 more and the drive on the pedal up about 1 more. That put it into a nice place to play even for lead stuff. His tone doesn't have very much fuzz around the note.

Thanks for giving your impression of the patch. I hope to get some time to refine it more this week so I can do an official release.

So I just had a very brief chance to try my BF-2 LeTekro patch loaded into the front of my TNT Intuition patch and I have to say it gets pretty close to the real deal. I dont have much time to mess with it and will be finalizing it later this week, but try boosting the gain of the drive block by +1 and boost the gain of the amp block by +1. That gets the gain pretty close. I will have to get in and mess with the EQ a little more, but the flanger adds that little bit of swirl that I hear in the recordings as well as the mid EQ bump.

just tried without the bf2 and apart from axe-edit locking my axefx up (pop, then had reboot uggh) it's a good start, too much verb, or less obvious, and there is more low end on the recording. will try with the bf2.

Scary close from the video demo you did.

I hope to be able to get into trying out some of your presets (and others) this week finally - a break from gigs for me. Yeah! Looking forward to hearing these.

just tried without the bf2 and apart from axe-edit locking my axefx up (pop, then had reboot uggh) it's a good start, too much verb, or less obvious, and there is more low end on the recording. will try with the bf2.

The BF-2 adds quite a bit of bass, so try it in the preset first before adjusting the bass anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom