Wanted: Amps to Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would be cheaper paying for transport back and forth or have Cliff come to us. Not personally, but he could come to phoenix and we could meet with him. We'll just have to have a few people in any state cover the hotel and airline. We could even hand over our frequent flier miles. just think he can get his well deserved break from his home and we can pitch in with gratuity for the appreciation of what he has done for us. Phoenix is really nice in December. I have a ton of friends who have amps, so it could be a meetup slash working session. Just a wishful thought.

I have an old twin zodiac with Goodman speakers, 63 I think , rare amp,it's kinda like a super vox,very warm,and picking attack seems instant,good connection with the guitar.

For the love of God, somebody please send him a Darkglass B7K. Sure, a B3K would be good, but all the B3K tones can be had (and more) by the B7K. I bet Nolly would be willing to do it if we combined our powers for shipping.

Well,the zodiac har a treble and bass potentiometer,the rest is tone switches you push in,like contraBass if you want it deep or or different mid or high knobs,you would have to tone match every aspect of this amp to get the whole package,so it's better cliff models it all for a complete amp.

Way don`t you guys that have some these amps..make a tone match of them ??
I don`t get it. We got the tools
I would want just the amp, not the amp and cab. I'm still confused on how you tone match just the amp without the cab. It's easier for me to just send Cliff the amp. :)

i have an Eden wt1205. there is an issue with the power amp on one side but the second side is fine. it's a stereo bass head.

I personally would rather see an original 2550 model as opposed to the 2555SL. By the time the 2555SL came out Marshall's build quality had begun to decline. I wouldn't be surprised if the original silver jubilees have better components in comparison.

Reactions: Fro
I would want just the amp, not the amp and cab. I'm still confused on how you tone match just the amp without the cab. It's easier for me to just send Cliff the amp. :)

I "think" i do not know..
But i would guess if the amp have a Fx loop. You need to have it conected to a real Cab 2x12,4x12..(the amp needs a Load)
And then i think you plug your guitar into the real amp,and use the output (fx send) to the input (front,or rear input 1,2) of the axe fx 2.
Make a TM preset,or use the Tone matching preset from cliff on axe change.

Will this work FAS ?

A Carvin clean channel model would be nice... I have an X60B.. I also have a Quad-X preamp... the lead channel on that uses 9 12AX7's for 11 gain stages, and has a rather unique gain structure.

I've also heard good things about the clean channels on the Legacy series of amps.

I have a REXX 1U solid state amp. Its the same one that RIK EMMETT of TRIUMPH used. If anyone would like that I would not mind sending that to Cliff.

Maybe some Laney Amps would be nice. VC-15 for example, this is an honest one. Can't ship it to the US though but should be available there.
Another one is the Palomino V50 - mighty sound. Pure southern Rock'n'Roll!!

Better than still another Marshall spin-off... ;-)

Please someone send Cliff one of these:

wnjJq.jpg

ENGL Savage 120

It's has quite a distinctive sound and it's the only amp I really wish was in the Axe-Fx that isn't. Channel 4 is pretty much the perfect "half hotrodded Marshall/half super-modern, ultra-tight high gain" tone.

Last edited:
I know there are already a plethora of Marshall flavored models to choose from but I would love to see the 2550 Jubilee added. If I still had one of mine I would gladly send it in.

Tell you what Cliff...i don't own an amp anymore (which is your fault actually, lol) but open a similar thread about pedals and i will seriously consider shipping to you my all time favorite vintage vox wah 67-68 era (the only pedal i kept, again, thanks to you)...aaah, what the heck, i just might ship the original ICAR pot as well... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom