Any way to always have a "Boost" and a "Wah" in every Pre-set??

Dealmaker

Inspired
Guys,

Still new and learning this as I go -(but really enjoying it!)

ON my regular pedal board - I have an MXR line booster that has a selectable 1 to 7 dB lift - so that for solos I can cut through the mix - so irrespective of what other effects may be engaged I can always hit the Boost and lift my floor....

...the same with my auto engage Wah - whenever I need it I just jump on it - and its there!!

Is there a way to simply do this with the Axe FXII and /or the MFC101 ???

Thanks for any suggestions/advice! :D

On MFC101 you can dedicate a button for your boost and it will be available for all presets. link how-to here (i used the matman trick) Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki
For wah you need (of course) a wah block in your signal chain and then allocate it to an expression pedal and you are good to go

Thanks!!

I just need to get this translated into laymans terms then!! LOL :

"Create a global "Boost" without having to modify each preset. Matman's trick: set the CC of an IA SWITCH on the controller to that of OUT1 VOLUME. Set the OFF value to (for example) "111" (unboosted level) and set the ON value to "127" (boosted level). Don't forget to add a second CC for OUT2 VOLUME, or assign OUT2 to the same CC as OUT1. "

Thanks!!

I just need to get this translated into laymans terms then!! LOL :

"Create a global "Boost" without having to modify each preset. Matman's trick: set the CC of an IA SWITCH on the controller to that of OUT1 VOLUME. Set the OFF value to (for example) "111" (unboosted level) and set the ON value to "127" (boosted level). Don't forget to add a second CC for OUT2 VOLUME, or assign OUT2 to the same CC as OUT1. "

If you read the MFC-101 manual on page 22 (and 23/24), section 5.2 General Use IA Switches; it will explain exactly what to do if you desire a global boost switch.

Back
Top Bottom