Okay, guess this one

Up until now I could hear a difference. I couldn't tell which was the real amp and which was the Axe Fx, but I could hear a difference. No difference this time. Absolutely amazing. I'm not even going to guess.

Yeah I could always hear a little bit of a difference between the clips, but man, these two are identical. Awesome work!

Sounds great! Can't wait for this one to land!

I'm gonna say Amp 1st, Axe 2nd. No idea really, little extra low-mids on the second part. Nothing really between them though.

Sounds the same. What's was changed in the modeling?

The B+ and screen grid calculations. It's a very complex modeling problem. When the supply sags the power tubes clip earlier but the gain of the tube is unaffected. However, the plate current is a function of the control and screen grids. The screen grid is derived from the B+, either through a resistor or a choke, so ultimately the gain IS affected by the supply but not directly.

I'm guessing first half is amp, but I am hoping I'm wrong! It's so close it is really a coin toss. It could be as much my laptop speakers as anything. Really looking forward to this one.

I had an epiphany yesterday and was up until 1:00 am coding new B+ and screen grid modeling. I think I've nailed the last missing element.

This is exactly why I love Cliff and Fractal - he's so into it and always pushing the envelope. One of the big reasons I came to the Axe is the constant updating of the system - what you buy today will only be better tomorrow. I'd get tired on other platforms of a release followed by months, years of nothing. This is what I tell people about Fractal - you're buying into a platform as well as a product. And it's a great one. That model isn't for everybody and some can't mentally handle the ever-changing landscape - and that's ok too - there are plenty of other products out there. But if it's your cup of tea, it's amazing.

I was going to reshoot some of the Splawn Quickrod stuff today but after hearing this, I am going to wait until V7 hits to do any updating. V7 is going to make great things even better!

Back
Top Bottom