Suffocation "Effigy Of The Forgotten" Tone Match

Dave Z

Inspired
For all the Death Metal fans - here's a tone match of the slam riff in the song "Liege Of Inveracity"
This Tone Match is extremely bass heavy - I suggest adding a GEQ or adjusting the low cut so you don't damage your speakers!

I used a Steinberger Newburgh GM5TA Guitar with EMG 89 pickups tuned down to "C" with the Trans-Trem for the tone match, and my recording is doubled tracked panned 100% L & R.

Enjoy!

Dave Z

Attachments

• SUFFOCATION EFFIGY TM.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 103
they used ampeg vh-140c on this record which is hard to replicate - would be good to have a vh140c sim in the axe fx.
good effort, this is pretty close.

For all the Death Metal fans - here's a tone match of the slam riff in the song "Liege Of Inveracity"
This Tone Match is extremely bass heavy - I suggest adding a GEQ or adjusting the low cut so you don't damage your speakers!

I used a Steinberger Newburgh GM5TA Guitar with EMG 89 pickups tuned down to "C" with the Trans-Trem for the tone match, and my recording is doubled tracked panned 100% L & R.

Enjoy!

Dave Z

Enjoy!

Dave Z

Hi Dave,

I have a Axe Fx Ultra and I was wondering if it is possible to use this preset or can I mimic it with my Ultra?

they used ampeg vh-140c on this record which is hard to replicate - would be good to have a vh140c sim in the axe fx.
good effort, this is pretty close.

As per Cerrito himself, that album was not a Vh-140C, but it was a tube powered variation head that Ampeg made at that time.

I'd like to tone match the Entombed - Clandestine sound, or even the Bloodbath - Grand Morbid Funeral tone, both killer for that Swedish sound.

Back
Top Bottom