Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.02 Up

Why does it matter how long it takes? Sometimes it happens fast, sometimes it happens slower, who gives a shit as long as it worked? Do you think it will sound better if it loads in six minutes instead of four minutes? Go practice your guitar while it loads..............if it takes a little longer then you'll just be a little better. I can't imagine how you guys must freak out when real problems happen in your lives if this is a noteworthy issue to you.

Did the firmware load? If the answer is yes then move on, there is a world full of things to worry your mind with.......you have an amazingly charmed life if the speed of a successfully loaded free firmware update is even a blip on your mental radar.

USB is fast but I think it's actually flash programming a chip on the board, such as a microcontroller's memory etc, and that can take some time. The programming bus on those kinds of things is much slower.

USB is fast but I think it's actually flash programming a chip on the board, such as a microcontroller's memory etc, and that can take some time. The programming bus on those kinds of things is much slower.
The flash writing seems to go pretty quickly at the end though.
It seems everything is loaded into some memory, then verified and written.
Maybe long loading times could mean that memory needs a lot of verification (is asking for the data again and again) because of some degradation, that's why it *does* matter to know.
I also wonder if Cliff might be using some form of stronger encryption that might take longer to "unzip".

are you guys using axe edit? when i download new firmware via sys. librarian it takes a long time. when i use axe edit it take less than a minute.
if you aren't using axe edit, try it next time and see.

It matters because it's strange and transfering such small amount of data via usb should be fast... Some minds like to resolve problems, others dont...
\

But is it actually a problem? Did the firmware install? Did the firmware notes say that the installation process should take xxx minutes and if it takes any more or less than there is a problem? If the firmware installed then there is not a problem. Just because it was faster or slower than the last time you did it doesn't mean anything. So what exactly is the "problem" that your mind wants to resolve?

Still, all these explainations on why it may be slower than before. Doesn't resolve why it isn't slower for some, and is for others.
I think vAmp might me on to something about Cliff packing the zip file tighter,resulting in more strain on your PC, thus slowing down the process.
This could result in differant lenghts on time on differantly configured PC's.
As long as the AXEII gets the data, It's all good.

So what exactly is the "problem" that your mind wants to resolve?
The problem is not necessarily that it takes longer, "who cares" to a certain extent, but that there's such a big difference that goes unexplained AFAIK.
I've described one such reason. Maybe the slow ones have some part of memory that's on the brink of giving up (e.g. is it vulnerable and is that why we're getting "less firmware updates"?)
Not having answers is an understandable cause for some concern.

Last edited:
No, never was or is...some people are merely curious is all. Is that a problem?

Nope, the comment that I was responding to specifically said "Some minds like to resolve problems" regarding this situation. I, like you, don't think there is or ever was a problem, so I'm not even sure what there is to be curious about............but now that you've asked I would say no, I don't think being curious is a problem. I do think suggesting that a problem needs to be solved when you clearly don't have a clue if one even exists is a bit strange though.

I do think suggesting that a problem needs to be solved when you clearly don't have a clue if one even exists is a bit strange though.
Your problem seems that you like to play games and don't easily "get a clue"...

After Cliff's definitive answer, it's easy talking now... (which BTW named a problem with AE)

Last edited:
All I know is that I'm seriously digging 6.01/02...I've got the best tones and feel yet out of the II with these versions.

The Transformer Match parameter rocks my world!!

Thanks for the continued work, FAS. More updates since I bought the II than I got in, uh, forever, with the "competitors." Good show!

Back
Top Bottom