Tone Matching Request - Steve Stevens Plexi (video attached)

If I could make a wish, it would be an isolated track of Steve's solo on "Small Arms Fire" - that is quite possibly my favorite guitar solo tone ever. A tone match of that might have been never using another guitar tone again!

Steve, I'm not sure if your allowed to answer this but have you been using the axe for live use as well lately or just in the studio? I am curious to hear your thoughts about it on the road.

And it is quite awesome to see you a part of this forum and a million thanks for posting the preset.

Very cool Steve! You always had unique stellar tone.
Can anyone open the patch? My Axe Edit won't recognize it. Maybe it was corrupt due to the RedWirez cab?
Or can someone repost it.

Very cool Steve! You always had unique stellar tone.
Can anyone open the patch? My Axe Edit won't recognize it. Maybe it was corrupt due to the RedWirez cab?
Or can someone repost it.

If you have the RedWirez IR you can select it manually. Otherwise, just pick another greenback based cab and you'll be in the ball park.

For followers who did what I did, I figured it out...the line where the files are located actually has more than one file, I downloaded only one of them.

Pete Thorn has made a really nice demo of the VG Strat, too. It makes me want to get a GR-55 so that I can have those modeled guitar sounds into the Axe using my Strat (that already has the GK pickup on it).

I really want to hear the acoustic guitar sounds from these Roland units. Pete says they sound great & his opinion carries a lot of weight with me, but I still want to hear it myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom