What happened to BAK ?? PLEASE tell me it hasn't gone

craiguitar

Power User
Since updating, my favourite function (Backtrack) seems to not work properly anymore.
If I click a preset, instead of going back to the previous preset, it says ALT, then brings up preset no.1 from bank 1.
I assume this is some sort of setting issue, but I've been through the menus, and can't find anything different to before.

Page 18 of the new MFC-101 manual:

4.5.1 Global Preset
The Global Preset function allows you to specify a preset which other presets can use as their Alternate Preset(s). By default, the Global Preset is set to OFF, and all MFC-101 presets are set to GLOBAL.
To set the Global Preset:

1. Press EDIT footswitch to enter EDIT MODE.
2. Press SETUP footswitch to select the SETUP menu
3. Press PAGE footswitch 16x to get to the Global Preset screen:
4. Press the INCR or DECR footswitches to make your selection:
0-383: Load an alternate preset specified by its number 
OFF: The Alternate preset function will be disabled for this preset
BAK: “Backtrack” to whichever preset was loaded before the current one.
5. Press EXIT to return to PERFORMANCE MODE.

Danny W.

Since updating, my favourite function (Backtrack) seems to not work properly anymore.
If I click a preset, instead of going back to the previous preset, it says ALT, then brings up preset no.1 from bank 1.
I assume this is some sort of setting issue, but I've been through the menus, and can't find anything different to before.

Check the Preset menu on the MFC, it has (per preset!) an entry to enable Global preset/BAK/etc.
The upgrade may have set the value to Alt instead of the previous setting.

Check the Preset menu on the MFC, it has (per preset!) an entry to enable Global preset/BAK/etc.
The upgrade may have set the value to Alt instead of the previous setting.
Where is the Preset menu? I went into the Setup menu, and it says 'GlobalPreset BAK' which is what it was set at before. It says that regardless of which preset I am actually in. Nevertheless, it still does the ALT thing.

Page 18 of the new MFC-101 manual:

4.5.1 Global Preset
The Global Preset function allows you to specify a preset which other presets can use as their Alternate Preset(s). By default, the Global Preset is set to OFF, and all MFC-101 presets are set to GLOBAL.
To set the Global Preset:

1. Press EDIT footswitch to enter EDIT MODE.
2. Press SETUP footswitch to select the SETUP menu
3. Press PAGE footswitch 16x to get to the Global Preset screen:
4. Press the INCR or DECR footswitches to make your selection:
0-383: Load an alternate preset specified by its number 
OFF: The Alternate preset function will be disabled for this preset
BAK: “Backtrack” to whichever preset was loaded before the current one.
5. Press EXIT to return to PERFORMANCE MODE.

Danny W.

Yes I did all of that. It is definately set to 'BAK' but it still doesn't work. When I click a preset twice it says ALT, and just brings up preset 001. This is mighty frustrating. I might end up heading back to the old firmware at this rate....

Press Edit, Press Preset (switch 1). Use Page switches to get to the right entry.

Thanks yek. I swear i didnt need to do that last time. Ill give that a try.

EDIT: Yek, I tried that, and it's Okay now (I think!). I assume having to set the BAK feature per-preset is a new phenomenon. It's just that I never had to do it that way in previous firmwares. I had read through the release notes a few times and didn't pick up on it. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, I was panicking for a moment there haha!

Last edited:
craiguitar said:
I assume having to set the BAK feature per-preset is a new phenomenon. It's just that I never had to do it that way in previous firmwares. I had read through the release notes a few times and didn't pick up on it. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, I was panicking for a moment there haha!
A factory reset on the MFC might fix that. I had a similar issue getting the preset to reload after the 2.0 update.

Back
Top Bottom