Version 6.0 is Great!!

i went to recto red and just haven't left yet "great tone". I made some adjustments just huge fat tone all day, really responsive Great update, Can it get better at this point for tone.I think not.

Thanks Fractal team!!!!:mrgreen

The presets sound much better - ergo insaaaaanly fantastalicious!! I don't know what to do with this thing now, it's too awesome. It's like dialing in something on a diamond.

Whatever you do it's still so shiny and nice. In some angles I can see the rainbow and fractures of light in ways my eyes can barely handle. The sound is so nice

and sparkly. It's like adding the midnight sky with stars on it, to an already beautiful nocturne. My eyes, my eyes are shattered with tears of fulfillment.

Cobrango said:
The presets sound much better - ergo insaaaaanly fantastalicious!! I don't know what to do with this thing now, it's too awesome. It's like dialing in something on a diamond.

Whatever you do it's still so shiny and nice. In some angles I can see the rainbow and fractures of light in ways my eyes can barely handle. The sound is so nice

and sparkly. It's like adding the midnight sky with stars on it, to an already beautiful nocturne. My eyes, my eyes are shattered with tears of fulfillment.

Yeah but did you like it? :)

He´s a poet, and did´nt know it. OOOhhhhh (Ford Fairlane) ;)

The best thing about this update is that I have finally nailed that fireball going into engl v30 pros that I was always after! Thank you fas :)

That said, is it just me or do none of the rectos sound as good as the recto new model from the ultra?

I really don't get this... so far I think 6.0 sounds nasty.. fizzy and woolly...
gonna noodle with it some more..
maybe there's something I'm doing wrong...

V.6.00... SHA-WINGGGGGGGGGG!!... Thanks again guys for all your time and effort that was put into this beast. Amazing improvements!

clarky said:
I really don't get this... so far I think 6.0 sounds nasty.. fizzy and woolly...
gonna noodle with it some more..
maybe there's something I'm doing wrong...

Did you download & install the new presets as well as the firmware update?

I was particulary impressed by the HBE, XTC Red, and JVM OD1 for leads. the JTM sounded beautiful aswell. Gotta find that fat switch...

guys I really don't get this... my axe [even with the 6.0 presets] now sounds like a bass kazoo...

Fat switch is below the Mid knob. Select Mid and press Enter.

Thanks Cliff and congrats on this milestone! Saw the fat switch in the manual right after I blurted it out. Did HBE change more than the others aswell or is it just my ears? The power amp modeling changed in general and I can hear that easily, but to me the HBE and XTC sound bigger...great. Mark Day's HBE preset on 6.0 is wonderful too...

Cliff - this is really nasty... the reset didn't work...
I'm going to re-download 6.0 and reload it...
also.. the latest Axe Edit closes when you try to select anything from banks B or C so I have to reverb to the previous version....

anyways... here goes....

Thanks Cliff and congrats on this milestone! Saw the fat switch in the manual right after I blurted it out. Did HBE change more than the others aswell or is it just my ears? The power amp modeling changed in general and I can hear that easily, but to me the HBE and XTC sound bigger...great. Mark Day's HBE preset on 6.0 is wonderful too...

Almost everything has been reworked. Almost all the "real" amps are "matched" to the actual amp. This involved much more than just Tone Matching. It also included gain matching, harmonic content matching, tone-stack matching, etc., etc.

You guys have no idea how much work went into this firmware. The entire power amp modeling was rewritten. The transformer modeling is all new. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom