Do you use the tuner on the Axe?

Hansen

Experienced
I have only had my Axe for a couple of weeks and the tuner seems allright. I have not used the Axe live yet and with my previous rig (pod xt, etc..) I used a Peterson Strobostomp which I am very satisfied with.
Do you use the tuner on the Axe live?

I will keep my strobostomp anyway for tuning in the studio and intonation.

Yes, I use it. It works fine now but will be even better according to the V6 release notes:

Improved tuner with strobe tuner accuracy and detection down to G0. Added “Magic 8-ball” display to tuner GUI. The 8-ball rotates clockwise if the note is sharp and vice-versa.

I've used it, but to be honest lately I just use my trusty Boss tu-2.. seems faster.

Dave

I do for my guitars, but it sounds like with the new v6 firmware I'll be able to use it with my bass too.

I used the Ultra's tuner on the front panel for 1,5 years. After that I replaced the Behringer footcontroller with the Gordius LG2 and have it displaying the tuner info from Ultra/II ever since. Works great!

Yes I use it. im usually the only one perfectly in tune on the stage :)

Last edited:
I use a TC Polytune right now, I like to be able reference all six strings at the same time (really just with with floating trems)

I like the tuner on the Axe Fx and find it to be to be excellent and fast but, find the MFC a bit suggest to respond. Doesn't really matter at this point when the new firmware comes out for the AF II & MFC midi speeds are going to increase allot so that will solve that problem

ok, thanks for the convincing feedback. for sake of bringing less gear i will not use the peterson live i guess. but will keep it for intonation and for studio recordings

I have used the tuner in the past with no complaints at all. Now I have my old Korg DT-1 Pro in my rack. My wireless (G90 Relay) has an aux send to the tuner that is really cool. All I have to do is hit the mute on my backpack to tune. Plus the Korg can be easily seen from across the stage.

Back
Top Bottom