Just noticed on FAMC music's site - LF+ jr

I'm in love the Jr+. I have the Jr & I love it but the lil things I'd love are there on the Jr+. I think the 12+ is just too much for what I need. Hell, the Jr is too much for what I need, but the Jr+ with dynamic labeling of the IAs? I'M IN!

I'm very interested on the pricing. Once I know the price & it's not too terrible, my JR will be for sale! :)

Let me know if you decide to sell the liquid foot jr!!

And make some space in yor private messages man....

SWEET! Finally a price on the Jr+!

$600

Now to decide if it's worth it. Definitely NOT before my 5/5 gig.

Its like a blank slate. YOU choose what every button does, on every preset. And any button can do like 60 different things. No comparison.

Sorry for sidetrack question here. Would MFC be able to do the same with a FW upgrade? Or is it in the "hardware"?

Sorry for sidetrack question here. Would MFC be able to do the same with a FW upgrade? Or is it in the "hardware"?

I don't know if it is "hardware" or not in terms of multiple page setups, but it would be a huge departure from what the MFC does now. It is a more plug and play with AXE, although with the sync features on the new LF+, it is less and less an issue. Just a tiny extra step.

However, the hardware issue that cannot be overlooked is the dynamic labels for each button. Let's say you have three pages that you rotate through. One for presets and common IA's, the next for other IA's less commonly used, and a third for looping control. The dynamic button displays change to reflect the function of each button. Multiple color options make it visually easy to know what is what. Truly it is no comparison. I have both and the MFC is getting very dusty since the LF+12+ has arrived. Now just waiting for the JR+. I'll have the JR all the time, and perhaps daisy chain the 12+ when I want to look crazy... But for me, the JR will be perfect for performances. Plenty of buttons and just the right size for easy transport!

Surely alarm bells are ringing when wanting to deal with this mob?

Tuner issues? Extremely poor service. This appears to be an amateurish operation, despite the flashy website.
Despite sending a couple of emails to them, I have yet to get a response! You have to wonder whats going on.

Fractal, they certainly aint!

I've heard of Liquid Foot (Jeff?) having problems responding to email or not getting them, but always seems to get in touch eventually. Regardless of the issues of trying to contact him, FAMC makes a FRICKEN SOLID PRODUCT! I love my LF Jr. I totally want a Jr+ for all the cool lights/screens/colors!

Unlike Fractal, FAMC is still a single man running the operation & as far as I understand, still doing this as a side project to his real job. So, given all that, I cut him some slack. I do understand it's frustrating not being able to get in contact with him.

tumblr_m1wvyad1np1rrallbo2_500.jpg

Ok, let me set the record straight. I personally haven't had any issue contacting/dealing with Jeff. Merely I was stating above I had heard of people that did, but in the end, it was always resolved (so far as I knew).

To put this in further perspective, someone contacted Jeff about my message (even though again, I don't have a problem) . . . and Jeff sent me a personal message on the FAMC forum. An hour after I posted the above message. He's made me a bigger fan for attempting to address a non-existent problem! ;)

I've been extremely happy with the support I've got from Jeff. If you have an issue he always goes the extra mile. It is a one person operation, there isn't a huge team of staff etc, but his service makes up for that.

I've got a LF JR+ on the way, can't wait. I'll be getting rid of my LF+ 12 now, I don't need the extra buttons.

Surely alarm bells are ringing when wanting to deal with this mob?

Tuner issues? Extremely poor service. This appears to be an amateurish operation, despite the flashy website.
Despite sending a couple of emails to them, I have yet to get a response! You have to wonder whats going on.

Fractal, they certainly aint!

Gee, I have heard these same rumors, but having purchased two from FAMC, I have never had these issues. I have had the best support experience with FAMC that I have EVER had. Bar none, including Fractal. Jeff has worked with me answering questions, modifying firmware, calling me on the phone even to get things square. He does not respond to much on the forum either in private messages or discussion groups. I don't know your question, but calling it poor service and amateurish seems like another company. The product is extremely solid, the support is excellent.

If you own one, you need to submit a support ticket. That is the only way Jeff gets it.

John

Ok, let me set the record straight. I personally haven't had any issue contacting/dealing with Jeff. Merely I was stating above I had heard of people that did, but in the end, it was always resolved (so far as I knew).

To put this in further perspective, someone contacted Jeff about my message (even though again, I don't have a problem) . . . and Jeff sent me a personal message on the FAMC forum. An hour after I posted the above message. He's made me a bigger fan for attempting to address a non-existent problem! ;)

Yes, I have heard that most of the complaints are from non-owners. I was a little cautious due to all the chatter, but I have been more than happy with the support. He has his hands full and is doing a great job. This is the foot controller I have always thought would be the best. I'm just not smart enough to build it...

John

I dont buy into the rhetoric "oh he's a one man band, cut him some slack". If you release a product to the general public, then the level of service and professionalism should be the same whether you have 4 or 400 working.
Serious? Complaints are from non-owners? I cant believe that is even used as an argument!
Unlike some of you, I dont know this Jeff person from a bag of salt, but I would have thought that responding to a sales enquiry would have been pretty high up in any line of business, but then maybe Im just out of touch!!

Let me reiterate that Im just a consumer who's interested in a product that suits my requirements, plain and simple.

Reactions: jon
What is your question, maybe some of us can answer? I got all my fractal pre purchase questions answered by users on the forum.

John

PS, not making excuses, just that I read all the bad stuff said, and it is not my experience whatsoever with the product.

What is your question, maybe some of us can answer? I got all my fractal pre purchase questions answered by users on the forum.

John

PS, not making excuses, just that I read all the bad stuff said, and it is not my experience whatsoever with the product.

Sorry but I wasnt aware that we're limited to asking questions only, on this forum. I was merely expressing my opinion on the suitability of this product and company.

It's great that you've not had any issues and I suppose, myself and others wouldn't be jumping onto forums venting our frustrations, had we had the same experience as you.

Sorry but I wasnt aware that we're limited to asking questions only, on this forum. I was merely expressing my opinion on the suitability of this product and company.

It's great that you've not had any issues and I suppose, myself and others wouldn't be jumping onto forums venting our frustrations, had we had the same experience as you.

I have no idea what you thought I said, but what I meant was that if you have a question regarding the LF+ products and were for some reason not able to get that question answered, ask it here and now. Perhaps one of the members here will know the answer. If you just want to vent I guess that is fine, but I thought you had a question about a product. I apologize that I misunderstood your intent.

-J

My JR+ just arrived, I just happened to have my day off, very convenient! First of all it looks amazing. Having a bit of a play around and the LCD's are great, will give it a real play at band practice tonight. Perfect size and functionality for what I need. Anyone else received theirs yet?

My JR+ just arrived, I just happened to have my day off, very convenient! First of all it looks amazing. Having a bit of a play around and the LCD's are great, will give it a real play at band practice tonight. Perfect size and functionality for what I need. Anyone else received theirs yet?

Mine arrived, and I have programmed three pages to scroll through, but have not had a chance to play with my Axe yet... Looking forward to the weekend!

John

So many things to buy, so little money to spare. I got my tax refund, roof depreciation check, and payday . . . MUST BE . . . RESPONSIBLE . . . . MUST . . . RESIST!

I've been extremely happy with the support I've got from Jeff. If you have an issue he always goes the extra mile. It is a one person operation, there isn't a huge team of staff etc, but his service makes up for that.

I've got a LF JR+ on the way, can't wait. I'll be getting rid of my LF+ 12 now, I don't need the extra buttons.

Jeff has occasionally made me wait, it's true. But his level of service is great, and, IMHO, his product blows the MFC out of the water. And like Cliff, he's always refining. In fact, I'd say that at this point he's MORE responsive to user input/concerns/complaints/wishlists than Cliff. I had a pretty complex wish for him (a behavior that is needed for an improvisor like me, but not so much for most users who think in terms of songs and set lists). It was complex, to say the least. he had it delivered in new firmware in 2 days! Contrast this to the continuing brouhaha over the AxeII's output 2 hiss, or the TOTAL (and sudden) lack of feedback I'm getting from Matrix. The II and my LF 12+ both have their foibles (I think the encoder on the main knob on the II blows compared to that on my Ultra, for example). Neither are perfect. Both had software editor issues upon release (yes, ALL LF pedalboards have an EDITOR!). And both companies strive mightily to respond. Sometimes they get swamped. But all in all, they both rock.

Here's hoping Jeff gets to quit his main job and FAMC becomes his primary gig.

Cheers.

This thread's a little old, but I'm about to order the Jr+. At first when I looked at the LF line, I didn't think it'd work for me, even with the 12, until the 24 came out. I'm used to a 18 button controller with 2 expression pedals with toe switches on my L6 Vetta, and the Axe has way more block types than the Vetta. After playing around with the editor and talking back and forth with Jeff, I've actually concluded the Jr+ will probably work great for me. Once it finally clicked for me how pages and dual function buttons work, I realized 8 on this controller is a lot more buttons than it appears! WARNING: Long post ahead.

What I'm anticipating doing is having several different pages setup. One button does tap/tuner. One button does preset up/down. And a 3rd button will be setup to jump to a preset page on short press, and (if needed) a second IA page on the long press. More on those other pages in a bit. This leaves me with 5 buttons to place 10 IAs. 5 with a quick press, 5 with a long press. I can create several different versions of this page, and associate whichever one best suits a given preset to come up when that preset is activated. So one patch might be focused on several different levels of drive, and put those on the 5 quick press buttons, with lesser used functions on the 5 long press actions. Another patch might be more about delays and modulations, and put those on the 5 buttons.

If I need more than that on a preset (doubtful!), I can create a second page, tied to the long press of the preset/page 2 button I mentioned. That page could have up to 15 functions (with the 16th reserved to jump back to the last page). Or of course I could repeat some (like preset up/down or tap/tempo) if I wanted them globally available. But basically that's 5 IAs on a short press, 5 more IAs on a long press, 7-8 on a short press after jumping to page 2, 7-8 on a long press after jumping to page 2. That's a lot of IAs! And a 3rd page is even possible. And I can create as many sets of these pages as I want, up to 49 (1 reserved for the preset page).

For presets, when I need to jump non-sequentially or change songs in song mode, one quick tap on the preset button that I've put on each IA page can jump me right to a page that has Context (Bank or Song, depending on mode) up/down, a "last page" button to jump out of preset switching mode back to the IA page, and I can set my bank size to as many as TWELVE in that scenario (6 buttons * 2 per button). So I can jump around presets with bank up/down much faster than I could with just 4-5 reserved for presets on other controllers. I'd set the presets to jump to their IA page when activated, so once I pick a preset, I'm back to a page that gives me my tap/tempo, 10 IAs, and sequential preset scrolling, with a button to jump back to this preset page again if needed.

The LCDs on each button are what make that all managable. Without those, it'd be too easy to get lost. It is true that I'm adding a few taps to get to certain things, so it'll require anticipating that need by a second or two. But I don't think that will be a big deal. And it will require a little more programming than the "set it and forget it" model that the MFC and other controllers have. But on those, once you run out of IAs, you're out. And I think Jeff has made the programming as easy as it possibly could be with something this flexible, and the editor works very well.

If all things were equal, yes, I'd prefer the 12. I could do all of that but have 4 more physical options (8 total functions) to work with before I have to switch pages. But for $300 in savings, I don't know if I need it. Plus, the smaller size and weight (6 lbs difference) is nice to have too. It's less to haul around and a smaller footprint on the floor. And thanks to this thread, I only need 1 expression pedal and one button to control up to 4 different parameters within a preset. So this could be a very small and light rig!!!

Worst case scenario, if I find myself missing the physical buttons, is that I get a 12+ or a second JR+ as an expander, or just get a 12+ and sell the Jr+. My hunch is that what i've described here will work very well for me. I'll report back once I find out! Thanks for reading, if you made it this far.

Back
Top Bottom