AXE FX 2 CABIN SIMULATOR OFF

venen

Hi, I have a query, I use an axe and a box pontencia 4x12 with celestion v30. How do I use the cab sim off, sometimes I get the feeling that passes through different amps and all sound alike to me. My query is whether I have to play something, add an eq, or some parameter to differentiate the sound coming out of my different amps? because it sounds all very similar.
Thank you very much for your comments!

I run my Axe-Fx II into a 4X12 in stereo. I also keep my cabin sim off, otherwise all my patches look like this.
Modern-Log-Cabin.jpg

maybe I did not express well, I already use the cab simulation off. That's why I get the feeling that all amps sound the same. I wanted to know if there is any other parameter or eq to allow all the amps do not sound as identical.

(apologies for the bad translation, I'm using the google translator because I am Argentine)

maybe I did not express well, I already use the cab simulation off. That's why I get the feeling that all amps sound the same. I wanted to know if there is any other parameter or eq to allow all the amps do not sound as identical.

(apologies for the bad translation, I'm using the google translator because I am Argentine)
Sorry about that, just having a bit of fun. Is your poweramp sims on in the global section. If not, I would suggest turning it on (poweramp sims). Poweramp sims on, cab sims off, Is the prefered method for most of people that run the Axe with a poweramp and a guitar cabinet.

I Hope this helps.

I still don't understand your setup. If you have Guitar - Axe II - Power amp - Cabinet, then experiment (test, try out) with power amp sims on and off (read the manual).

The amps very definitely DO NOT sound the same.

Ron

I run my Axe-Fx II into a 4X12 in stereo. I also keep my cabin sim off, otherwise all my patches look like this.
Modern-Log-Cabin.jpg

I wish I could model various cabins, I wonder if you turn up the speaker size will that cabin turn into a huge ski lodge, with simulated hot tubs and real girls in bikini "models".

Using the same real speaker cab (V30 in your case) with different amps, will make sound the amps sound similar. Because a speaker cab has a great impact on the tone. Applies to the Axe-Fx no less or more than to real amps. If you want really different tones, use FR.

yes I get this too. Running a Mesa 50/50 power amp and recto cabs.....................well no matter what amp sim I pick the power amp and the cab colors it
with their own "flavor"
I found that with the Mesa models (Marks , Rectos ) it's not an issue, the Mark models actually sound pretty dead on to the real deal,
but running a Plexi or a JVM or the HBE thru them, well they sound like my 50/50 and recto cab with a different pre amp , because that's what I'm running,
so they do all sound very similar.
I never realized how much of a difference the Cab and the power amp makes to the end result until I bought this unit. (I've never beena rack guy alwasy heads)
I can't wait for the Atomic CLR to be released ,I hope it lives up to it's expectations.

Back
Top Bottom