Who was your first Concert?

Sixstring

Legend!
I haven't seen this as a thread, did a search and didn't come up with anything so....

Mine was Pat Travers and Blue Oyster Cult at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino CA summer of 81.

Jim Croce, Doobie Brothers, Loggins and Messina, 1973.

I was 15. I remember a great show, and what a tragedy it was that Jim Croce died later that year.

JWW

Last edited:
Of course there was also Charles Mingus at the Jazz Workshop in San Francisco, 1968. But that wasn't really a concert.

BOSTON with CHEAP TRICK as backup band - Summer '78 - Ottawa / Canada - I remember it being 'general seating' for the whole 10,000 seat arena - absolute instanity with 1000s of people pressing against the front doors waiting for them to open so they could all make a mad run to the best seats. I remember one guy actually getting pushed through a pane of glass. Very dangerous - though at 16 I did not recognize that at the time. To my recollection all events following were assigned seating except for the open floor tickets.

Steppenwolf with Potliquor opening with a friend and his parents in 6th grade. 1st show with step brother, Grateful Dead (supposed to be Allman Brothers, too, in 72, but Berry Oakley died about a week before).

My older brother took me to see Heart at the Great Falls, MT fairgrounds before they went big. Don't know if it was 75 or 76. I would have been 11 or 12 years old.

Jim Dandy was my first big show. I think I was about 9. I had been to many small blues and rock shows because my dad was in bands, this was the first big venue.

Three Dog Night

Followed closely a few weeks later with Creedence Clearwater Revival

1970, I believe. I was 11 or 12.

Iron Butterfly, 1968
LOL! I believe they were my second concert. Then BST and Jethro Tull. Next was Steve Miller and an unknown Alice Cooper. THEN it was Frank Zappa and the Mothers of INvention. The Mudshark tour! After that it was Jimi Hendrix maybe a month before he died.

Iron Butterfly, 1968

Iron Butterfly? Are you kidding me! Awesome...

I feel positively youthful reading this thread! Mine was Def Leppard, 1983 in the Edmonton Coliseum (the same building the Edmonton Oilers won 5 Stanley Cups in... back when we, you know, had a team worth anything). I was 12. My Mum took me.

Really showing my age here - my mom had to drop me off, no drivers license yet - July '68 - Jimi Hendrix - opener was Soft Machine. My ears have never been the same.........

The Blues Project at the Cafe A Go Go, NYC - 1968?

What a cool venue.

I saw Muddy Waters w/The Youngbloods there in 1966 or so and also saw The Grateful Dead
there when they were still Pig's band. Might have been their first East Coast shows. Summer of '67.

My first real rock show was Link Wray and the Wraymen in the basement of a church in Annandale, Va when JFK was still President.

Unfortunately due to technical difficulties Link was unable to use his prototype AxeFX for more than a couple of tunes.

"Jack The Ripper" was spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom