dont know what I am doing HELP!

rknrollo

To start I am a complete midi idiot, I have read the manual and I can do a few things, calibrated my exp pedals and got into axe mode and in bank size 5, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save presets to 1 thru 5? I got my patch 249 in 5 but then when I hit the up or down it moves in fives instead of the next one, I just want to have 1-5 from clean to lead... also have an ep-1 for volume and and sp-1 with a switch for wah and wami If anyone lives in south orange county CA near Mission Viejo I would pay someone handsomely to teach me how to use the MFC and for that matter the axe ultra is pretty complicated as well although I am learning. If someone would write an axe fx for dummies book it would sell lots of copies.

To start I am a complete midi idiot, I have read the manual and I can do a few things, calibrated my exp pedals and got into axe mode and in bank size 5, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save presets to 1 thru 5? I got my patch 249 in 5 but then when I hit the up or down it moves in fives instead of the next one, I just want to have 1-5 from clean to lead... also have an ep-1 for volume and and sp-1 with a switch for wah and wami If anyone lives in south orange county CA near Mission Viejo I would pay someone handsomely to teach me how to use the MFC and for that matter the axe ultra is pretty complicated as well although I am learning. If someone would write an axe fx for dummies book it would sell lots of copies.

I can only respond to your (only) question about saving the presets. Basically you can use your Axe-Fx as the "controller" for your presets (see MIDI-mapping (Map From/Map To feature): Axe-Fx Wiki Manual - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki). Alternatively you can use your MFC-101 for "controlling" the presets (for example in Song-mode: see page 35 of the MFC-101 manual). Both methods just use a mapping-feature (e.g.: on your MFC-101 button 1--> you want preset number 73 / button 2 --> preset 116 and so forth). Pay attention to the Display Offset settings!

Yes; your bank-settings will move in steps of 5 (this is the default); but you can modify this (e.g: in banksize 0, 5,10 or 15; whatever you want). In banksize 5 (1 - 5); you press on up it will move to the next/following bank (6 -10); press up again it will move to (11 - 15). Whatever is programmed to your switches (e.g:see MIDI Map From/To) will become the active preset that you hear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom