I would like to paypal 25 dollars to the person who...(lead patch help)

ari

Inspired
Can make me my lead patch that I can rock loud on a stage. Here's where I'm at: Running 5.04b through an ART SLA2 and a lopoline cab with an ev12l. Current main guitar is a Tom Anderson Drop Top made of Alder with maple cap and neck, HSS configuration.
The cleans are PERFECT (based on EJ Clean). The crunches are all PERFECT (any one I use). My lead SOUNDS great and feels solid, but I cant play it loud and shred my brains off when needed (missing the easy to play, liquid comfortable "own the stage" feeling etc....). So here's what I am asking: make me a Lead patch using USA lead 2 (last rig was a triaxis and this is the closest i've been) with a basic delay around 400 ms and 17-18 percent mix. I usually use the german cabs for direct, but My ART SLA2 and guitar speakers get hit from output 2 (fx loop). I'll add all the cab stuff myself and effects if need be.

If someone tries, i will test the patches out over the weekend on my gigs, and I would LOVE to paypal gift someone 25 dollars for their efforts! Thanks to all who are interested in trying!
Ari

You don't have to offer anything to get help here. I got chased with fire and pitchforks here when I offered to pay someone to help me fix my unit. :)

Someone will give you a hand, free o' charge.

You don't have to offer anything to get help here. I got chased with fire and pitchforks here when I offered to pay someone to help me fix my unit. :)

Someone will give you a hand, free o' charge.

I know but I want to get all the hands on the board tweakin'...look, the is the last step to me being fully happy with the AXE II. Its been 7 long months of effort, gigging, tweaking, and various setups. Im soooo close, but If I cant play my best my gigging career suffers (as I'm afraid it has been) and I know ive got all the other parts of the puzzle because cleans and crunches are great. So thats where I am!

I doubt you will find takers of the money here but plenty that will give it a shot. You could always have the winner choose a charity that you will donate the 25 to. Just a thought....

I doubt you will find takers of the money here but plenty that will give it a shot. You could always have the winner choose a charity that you will donate the 25 to. Just a thought....
I would be more than happy to follow through with that. But if someone here would like the money I don't want to alienate them either. OK, lemme know what you got folks!

Deleted post. Why i let myself get drawn into these things. Arrrrghhhh! :eek:ops

*zipping it*

Last edited:
Back to the topic.
Hi Ari! So ... can you tell a bit more about what you're missing here? Do you have a preset that's "close" but not quite there and we could help you tweak?

Your setting a bad example that is completely contrary to this boards "life blood". This board lives and breathes to help and support each other and add ideas and opinions on the FAS products we all love. You are so wrong. Also, if this is what it takes for you to play and feel the music in your heart and your hands then you will NEVER be a true musician-EVER.
Change your title WITHOUT the $$$ and let's seee what happens. Hopefully you have not turned everyone off already. I doubt that you have, most here are very cool and very understanding.

I'm going to use this post as an opportunity to soapbox for a moment, and I'm sorry that the moderators moved this out of main discussion. I don't know you from a hole in the wall, and I'm sure your intentions are good. If you or anyone else feel that someone should help for free that's great, but the idea of asking someone to specifically program something for my situation, and conceptually paying them or giving them something as a token of appreciation should make total sense to anyone. We call this being grateful.
Now, I am aware of the knowledge-sharing and help that this forum stands for and that's fine, but many have taken the forum to the point that its a religion unto itself. I'm willing to bet that Cliff and co. fell the same way. I asked for help and I "TURNED OFF" people because I offered a few dollars as a thank you? That's absurd. I don't live on or FOR this forum. I browse it and read it, but I have a life to live. I'm an orthodox Rabbi who teaches most of the day, contracts bands, gigs 125 nights a year, gives lessons, and has a wife and 5 kids to take care of. I JUST NEED SOME HELP WITH A PRESET so I can do my job better. I'm sorry if I've taken all the romance out of the forum and it's lifeblood.
That being said, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you misread a line (or between the lines) in my intentions. That's ok. And if the moderators feel I should retract my little gift, that's ok too. Thanks for reading.

Back to the topic.
Hi Ari! So ... can you tell a bit more about what you're missing here? Do you have a preset that's "close" but not quite there and we could help you tweak?

Thanks Patzag, my previous rig that I'm working off of was a triaxis direct to powered speaker or to a mesa 50/50. The lead sounds are squishy, compressed, fluid, and put in all the adjectives of Vai, Petrucci, Satch type stuff! Not looking for dynamics here, as the axe delivers all that stuff easily. THANKS!

OK-your right-he's a killer player, top of the line. Never said he wasn't. I was talking about being a musician IN YOUR HEART. Get it? You see, you and I differ - Music is in your heart man, not your amp. Not your axe. Your heart and your fingers. Have you ever played an electric guitar without being amplified? Did you feel good about? I understand wanting a "killer" patch. I don't understand the $$ and the "I want everyone working on it? Really?

My heart is just fine. I deleted my post as it really was just a take on your words and had nothing to do with the OP and really served no purpose.

Have a nice night.

Ari,

I am kind of confused as to what you are missing or looking for. You seem to have a handle on all your patches and even like your lead tone but not when its loud? I am not really sure what you mean by liquid and own the stage?

Can you expand on that some?

The one suggestion that I would make is to reduce level of the clean and crunch patches at the mixer (end of the chain) and thus make your lead tone "louder" in comparison.

I went through the same thing with my Ultra until I realised that I had other patches too loud, not my lead patch too quiet. That and reducing sag on your lead patch to make it poke more.

No one wants your $$$. Not sure why that is so hard to understand. What I meant was someone else will try this, then someone else, etc. Think about it. You also are wrong-it does turn people off. Yes I was trying to help.

No one wants your $$$. Not sure why that is so hard to understand. What I meant was someone else will try this, then someone else, etc. Think about it. You also are wrong-it does turn people off. Yes I was trying to help.

You are one arrogant person speaking like that on behalf of everyone on this forum. As long as the forum guidelines allow people to offer money for help then you should have kept your opinion to yourself and never posted in this thread. Good luck to the OP, I hope some poor student or something with time on his hands earns some bucks from you.

I downloaded this one here in December and have tweaked it several times but here it is in it's original form, it gets a very good mark IV lead tone (I have a real Mark IV so I know).
It's not a 5.04B patch I belive it's a 4.01, so you may need to tweak it just a touch, but it should sound good right away as is.
No charge

View attachment Mesa Mark Series Lead.syx

Hey Ari,
OK. Thanks for clarifying. I think I understand what you are looking for. But rather than just make a preset, which I can if you absolutely want, I'd like to give you one or two guidelines which I think will help you find your own sound:
1. I use a volume pedal to control my overall volume. The OUT 1 volume I usually set slightly higher than needed at sound check so I always have some headroom. That generally takes care of Volume needs.
2. Generally speaking, lead sounds are usually created with a little too much gain compared to what is actually needed. This makes them so compressed that the overall effect is that they are quieter. If you want more volume out of a patch, try to lower the gain a bit.
3. Set your clean and crunch volumes a little softer compared to your lead volume. Jamieosborn has a very good point here. IOW, your lead volume should be quite a bit LOUDER than your other tones. If you max the headroom with the clear and rhythm presets, there's nowhere to go with the lead.
Let me know if this helps.
If you want a preset, then please post your clean and rhythm tones so we have a frame of reference for volume.
Cheers,
Patrick

Back
Top Bottom