Downloading one preset into the Axe

Sixstring

Legend!
Ok so I haven't done this... I wanted to load that really cool Violin preset into my Ultra and for the life of me can't figure out how to get it done. I have searched and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so I'm asking. I'm still using SysEx Liberian and I have the file and everything hooked up and when I click play in SysEx Liberian the file transmits the midi-in light lights up but no preset in the Axe.

The Manuel says to restore (a) preset from a MIDI Liberian all I have to do is connect the devices as I have done, then send the data to the Axe where it is stored in the EDIT buffer. I can then save the data to a location of my choice.

Where is the Edit buffer and how do I access it to chose the location to store it to? or I'm I misunderstanding this info?

Thanks.

The edit buffer is the buffer that's in use when the edit light is lit up. It's the temp space. It means the changes are currently in action, but have not been committed to memory.

Sending a single preset file via SysEx Librarian should result in the EDIT buffer for the currently open patch being updated with the contents of the preset.

That's assuming the preset file is valid for that firmware and/or device and the send when okay. Are you sure those things are happening?

What happens if you try to download an existing preset from AxeFx to SysEx Librarian and then send it back to your AxeFx but at a different location -- does it work? If so, then the preset file you're working with is likely corrupt.

The edit buffer is the buffer that's in use when the edit light is lit up. It's the temp space. It means the changes are currently in action, but have not been committed to memory.

Sending a single preset file via SysEx Librarian should result in the EDIT buffer for the currently open patch being updated with the contents of the preset.

That's assuming the preset file is valid for that firmware and/or device and the send when okay. Are you sure those things are happening?

What happens if you try to download an existing preset from AxeFx to SysEx Librarian and then send it back to your AxeFx but at a different location -- does it work? If so, then the preset file you're working with is likely corrupt.

I haven't got that far with passing data back and forth. As to the file it is the one that is in a zip file from 2009 so it might be firmware issue not sure. I just found another that is in a SysEx Format so I will give it a try and post back in a few.

I've downloaded a few presets that wouldn't show up on the Axe when sent via SendSX, but Axe-Edit could open them and transmit to Axe or export a new working .syx file.

Ok it must have been the file... the files that Andrew Simon posted (Here) worked as well as the cab file. Thank for the help!

Back
Top Bottom