V5 Preset Banks? Did I miss something?

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
Apparently the new preset banks are out there somewhere but I must have missed their release. Where are those to be downloaded?
Thanks.

Are you sure these are the new ones? The banks inside the zip are dated November 13, 2011 5:02 PM.

Yes, they are dated 1/26/2012 internally in the bank file, tho' not sure how they show with same date in zip file. It should have updated that parameter when created. Weird.

To confirm: Open the bank in AxeManage, select detail view and look at "Date Created" (01/26/12 vs 12/27/2012 for v4) and "Revision" (260 vs 259 for v4).

Last edited:
Are you sure these are the new ones? The banks inside the zip are dated November 13, 2011 5:02 PM.

yes they are dated November 13th (just took a looksie myself)
Are these the right ones?

It is at least remarkable that the date is november 2011. I just checked the "Shiva on the Rocks" preset and it's not correct (assuming that FAS would correct this in the v. 5 Banks)

Last edited:
It is at least remarkable that date is november 2011. I just checked the Shiva preset and it's not correct (assuming that FAS would correct this in the v. 5 Banks)
I'm thinking they maybe did a "add/update" to the v4 presets zip, then renamed it? Either way, regardless of dates, the embedded data indicate v5 presets.

I've already got a large number converted manually (takes a few minutes for each, plus I can get a better idea of what the stock presets sound like), but more importantly I think that this is one of those updates where you really owe it to yourself to dial these new parameters in a bit.

Just don't cheat yourself by thinking that these are a matter of just loading into the II and play; its staggering to me how much these new parameters impact the feel and tone.

Yes, they are dated 1/26/2012 internally in the bank file, tho' not sure how they show with same date in zip file. It should have updated that parameter when created. Weird.

To confirm: Open the bank in AxeManage, select detail view and look at "Date Created" (01/26/12 vs 12/27/2012 for v4) and "Revision" (260 vs 259 for v4).
Mine say Revision 260, but the date for all presets is 11/13/11. Weird.

Mine say Revision 260, but the date for all presets is 11/13/11. Weird.
I think you'll find that's the "Modified Date", not the create date. Tho'.. one would think they should be the same, or at least not have a modified date that is OLDER than the create date...

Back
Top Bottom