Free library of 4x12 guitar cabinet - Kalthallen Cabs

Skaldir

Hi guys,

just registered new here, because I was told to do so. :)
I just released a library of IRs, Nebula programs and since yesterday also an Axe and Axe II version of the impulse responses.
Since I don't own an Axe-Fx, I hope everything works as it should :)

Kalthallen Cabs - Guitar cabinet IRs and Nebula programs

I saw there was already a thread about me in this forum. It was in the time I developed the best possible Nebula method to make a cab as realistic as possible.
This library is the result, kinda.

If you're interested,I made a shootout between Real mic'ed cab, Nebula and IR.
3rdShootout - Minus.com

here are the results: (select to read them ;) )
A - Nebula with saturation captured at 44.1 kHz
B - Impulse 44.1 kHz
C - Impulse 96 kHz
D - Mic
E - Nebula in 96 kHz without capturing saturation, just like an impulse but with dynamics

Could someone take a moment to explain to this idiot (aka... me) what RAR is and why do I need it?

Its just a nondestructive compression like zip. You need winrar to unpack the sys files. I'm sorry, I thought everybody has winrar.

Would be great if somebody could confirm the Axe-Fx II files work. I only know about the ones for Axe-Fx so far.

Last edited:
RAR is another form of compression, similar to zip. I've heard it compresses mulitimedia files better than zip. I use a freebie called 7zip for handling RAR and ZIP files and it seems to work for everything I've tried so far.

Thank you for the response. I'll have to look into it. I'm not at all computer savvy so whether I'll be able to figure out how to use it or not remains to be seen.

I downloaded and installed the Axe FX II versions successfully, via a link on the page labeled "download all as a zip". Found here: KalthallenCabs_ Axe-FxII - Minus.com

These IRs sound great. I like the tube 4 sm 57 best, mixed with the stock V30 Dyn112.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the files no problem and used WinRar to decompress them with no worries.

Will actually play with the things on the weekend. Too many things to play with the the Axe!

They work in my Ultra and sound very good. I haven't spent too much time with them yet but noticed they also sound good with the OH/RW that are loaded in my box. Didn't notice any phase issues. Thanks for sharing these!

Back
Top Bottom