Anyone have a REAL Recto patch?

schlagdog

Inspired
I've been trying for a month now to get a something close to my triple rec through an actual cab/poweramp with no luck. I sit here running my AXEFX2 through the poweramp section of my actual Triple Rec and its just not possible. So far I still have no luck getting any amp model to sound good with a poweramp/cab setup. I see and hear tons of videos/patches of the AXEFX2 doing recto but unfortunately none of these people must actually own a Triple Rec because none of them sound like a real triple rec if you would ever A/B them with a mic in front. They are all just axefx triple rec model which some sound good but none actually sound like a real amp. Its depressing because my old Line6 Vetta seems to sound 10 times better than the AXEFX2 through a cab and my other guitar player friends agree and don't like it either. I have tried everything possible tweak I can think of and no luck so far. Anyone have a magic patch that compares to their actual triple Rec? Or a suggestion to get the axefx to sound good through a cab. Its definitely tight, but tight and compressed and weak sounding.

I've seen all the OLA videos. The AXEFX isn't mic'd in this video it's recorded direct. There is also 4 guitar parts recorded in that which makes everything huge.

Last edited:
hmm so using the power of the recto, you want to just use the pre of the axe. make a patch, disable the cabs, and power amp sim (try with and without), go into the return of your mesa and give that a shot...

perhaps you could upload a clip with the diffrences and someone can help you get closer.

hmm so using the power of the recto, you want to just use the pre of the axe. make a patch, disable the cabs, and power amp sim (try with and without), go into the return of your mesa and give that a shot...

perhaps you could upload a clip with the diffrences and someone can help you get closer.

I've done all that already. I've been trying to get it to sound amp like in any patch for the last month and a half and its just not there.

I just read several articles in Gitarre und Bass where heavy bands are running Ultras direct or through poweramp and (Mesa) cabinets, so it should be possible I guess...

User error. When I run my Axe-fx II through my TRIPLE recto head and recto cab it sounds amazing.

User error. When I run my Axe-fx II through my TRIPLE recto head and recto cab it sounds amazing.

It may sound amazing but it doesn't sound like the triple rec or I would see a patch attached to this post instead of User Error. So far out of almost 200 views not one person has offered a patch.

Last edited:
It may sound amazing but it doesn't sound like the triple rec or I would see a patch attached to this post instead of User Error. So far out of almost 200 views not one person has offered a patch.

Well honestly, I cant help anyone who CANT do this and CANT do that. You didn't get a patch because Im at work, and now you wont get a patch (from me) because of the attitude.
Its funny, Im probably one of the few guys here who actually has the EXACT rig you're using. Tisk tisk.
Good luck on your recto patch.

Well honestly, I cant help anyone who CANT do this and CANT do that. You didn't get a patch because Im at work, and now you wont get a patch (from me) because of the attitude.
Its funny, Im probably one of the few guys here who actually has the EXACT rig you're using. Tisk tisk.
I didn't realize starting out a reply with USER ERROR was the proper helpful way to reply to people on this board. My reply has no attitude in it. I just said there was not patch trying to help with a tone just the usual fractal board attitude of YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Which I was hoping I wouldn't get but knew I would. That's why I was just asking for a patch for some help. Like I said, not one person has offered a patch yet.

Sell Mortimar, Sell..Sell, Sell, Sell!

schlagdod,

Jeez, maybe if you weren't such a blatant douche with a defeatist-attitude, you might actually get some cooperation!

If I were you, (seriously) I'd use that Line 6 Vetta....If you're getting better results with your Line 6 Vetta, then that's the tool for you to use...I don't know why you get all worked-up about NOT getting results with your Axe-FX II? Face it, the Axe-FX II just doesn't cut it...Pure crap!...Sell it while other people are still fooled by the hype...You and your Line 6-loving buddies could go buy a few Vettas and run a huge quadraphonic stereo-image on those huge concert-stages, and stand in the middle of it all ruling your Recto-modeled universe! "Pure Line 6-enabled Recto-Bliss!" Go for it dude...You ROCK!

Best of luck with your tonal-pursuits!

Bill

Funeral,

Perfect...LMFAO! :)

Bill

I didn't realize starting out a reply with USER ERROR was the proper helpful way to reply to people on this board. My reply has no attitude in it. I just said there was not patch trying to help with a tone just the usual fractal board attitude of YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Which I was hoping I wouldn't get but knew I would. That's why I was just asking for a patch for some help. Like I said, not one person has offered a patch yet.
Your sense of entitlement is coming off as huge.
MOST ppl who request patches NICELY dont get them.
Just an f.y.i. for future reference.

Edit:
Also, Im in three bands, have two jobs (both basically full time), in the process of building a studio (not home) and a girlfriend who demands any free time I get. Sorry I didnt have my presets on a flash drive in my back pocket when I left the house at 5 a.m. this morning. LOL.
Lots of other ppl here are even more busy than myself.

Last edited:
Guys guys! Hold your temper. I think he is desperate because he spent a BIG wonga on it. I don't think he tried offend any of you...
I had similar issue recently and I know how it is when everybody around says it is easy and you can't somehow get what you need.
In my opinion recto doesn't sound like recto when used with real power amp and cab. But it's my opinion, I don't argue. And many article said that axe fx doesn't replicate the amps but make similar based on originals.
Funeral you said you have the patch. Please post it here so I will try it too.

PEACE.

Guys guys! Hold your temper. I think he is desperate because he spent a BIG wonga on it. I don't think he tried offend any of you...
I had similar issue recently and I know how it is when everybody around says it is easy and you can't somehow get what you need.
In my opinion recto doesn't sound like recto when used with real power amp and cab. But it's my opinion, I don't argue. And many article said that axe fx doesn't replicate the amps but make similar based on originals.
Funeral you said you have the patch. Please post it here so I will try it too.

PEACE.

Your sense of entitlement is coming off as huge.
MOST ppl who request patches NICELY dont get them.
Just an f.y.i. for future reference.

Edit:
Also, Im in three bands, have two jobs (both basically full time), in the process of building a studio (not home) and a girlfriend who demands any free time I get. Sorry I didnt have my presets on a flash drive in my back pocket when I left the house at 5 a.m. this morning. LOL.
Lots of other ppl here are even more busy than myself.

Instead of offering a patch to help out your response was USER ERROR. There wasn't one thing in your post that was anything other than the usual fractal board attitude. If I could have helped out with a patch for someone I might have just said "I have a good one that I use but I'm at work and will try and send it to you later". Instead just like always anything other than thinking the thinking the AXEFX is the greatest in every occasion is met with attitude. I just read RA's guitarist on here having recto issues and his producer telling him his sound was too digital. How about you message him and ask for his producers email and tell him he doesn't know anything and he is having "User Errors" in his recording studio. I've gotten perfectly great direct tones with the AXEFX that I am very happy with. Just no luck in a poweramp setup so far and I would love to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom