Axe-Fx II Rig Photos?

My practice rig. It has spousal certification for living room use. :)

AxeII.jpg

Excuse the I Phone photo
Not in place yet when the photo was taken, just installing the USB drivers and updating the MFC.
Consider this a "changing of the guard"

photo.jpg

How you like that Carvin? Thinking of the same PA for my II when it arrives.

Like it allot but this one you see is a little under powered but is fine for home and playing in a basement or garage. Also have an Art SLA-2, more power still single space, dull sounding don’t care for it at all. Have an Atomic mono black, was using this with a real cabinet, as opposed to the FRFR cabs I’m using now, like it allot. Funny thing, when I first got the FRFR cabs ran the Carvin on one side and the Atomic on the other, there was barely a difference.
Been also looking at the Matrix amps, the new Atomic (2 channels rack mount) nice looking unit also. However! Now I own an AF II, at this point and time I’m convinced SS is the way to go and let the AF II power amp sim’s do all the work. So I’m leaning towards the Matrix or something I’m already familiar with, a Carvin 1540L, one of the big brothers to my DCM200L.

Like it allot but this one you see is a little under powered but is fine for home and playing in a basement or garage. Also have an Art SLA-2, more power still single space, dull sounding don’t care for it at all. Have an Atomic mono black, was using this with a real cabinet, as opposed to the FRFR cabs I’m using now, like it allot. Funny thing, when I first got the FRFR cabs ran the Carvin on one side and the Atomic on the other, there was barely a difference.
Been also looking at the Matrix amps, the new Atomic (2 channels rack mount) nice looking unit also. However! Now I own an AF II, at this point and time I’m convinced SS is the way to go and let the AF II power amp sim’s do all the work. So I’m leaning towards the Matrix or something I’m already familiar with, a Carvin 1540L, one of the big brothers to my DCM200L.

Off topic but 6L6C, did you jump the line and buy direct? You are next on the unofficial spreadsheet, can we update it?

FROM SPREADSHEET -- 6/19/2011 9:10:00 6L6C

Off topic but 6L6C, did you jump the line and buy direct? You are next on the unofficial spreadsheet, can we update it?

FROM SPREADSHEET -- 6/19/2011 9:10:00 6L6C

Updated the sheet! Forgot about it since it has not been on the first page in a while.
Was in the right place at the right time. Picked mine up direct

No power amp. They're powered monitors. Under the Carvin power conditioner (LOVE the sequential power up/down) is a Funk Logic Digital Dynamicator.

For those not familiar with the Funk Logic stuff, they're just cool looking panels to fill empty rack slots. The knobs have pretty ridiculous labels, making them all the more fun.

Here's my set up for my AxefxII. I don't do any gigging etc so my "rig" is pretty much just set up for recording and noodling. The Mesa 2x12 out on the landing is for recording so I can isolate it and listen through the monitors.

The gaping hole in my guitar rig is waiting for a Faustine Dx2, coming next month. I'll be doing some serious comparing to see how running the AxefxII through tube power amps and the Faustine compare to the direct tracks. If it isn't an improvement, it will get Ebayed, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. ...we'll see.

cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• Guitar rig 7-11.jpg
    Guitar rig 7-11.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 225
  • MFC.jpg
    MFC.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Recording rack 7-11.jpg
    Recording rack 7-11.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Recording workstation.jpg
    Recording workstation.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Mesa 2x12.jpg
    Mesa 2x12.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 147
Hey guittarzzan,

Nice setup. I noticed you have a Lexicon 284. I was interested in that box right around the time they stopped making them so I never got a chance to plug in and give it a whirl... What's your impression of it?

Hey guittarzzan,

Nice setup. I noticed you have a Lexicon 284. I was interested in that box right around the time they stopped making them so I never got a chance to plug in and give it a whirl... What's your impression of it?

It's way cool so far, but I just got it not that long ago and really haven't had a chance yet to really put it through it's paces on the recording side of things. The main reason I bought it was because it's 3 watts and I can run the Axefx into it and get a great recording tone without blasting the paint off the walls. I just finished with a pretty major downsizing and reorganization of my home studio set up so I should be able to see how it records here before long. Through a cab, it sounds great and covers a lot of ground. I have zero experience recording with a 3 watt amp so I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Randall power amp. My first impression of it as just a stand alone low watt amp is that it really rocks-great for slight break up up to hard rock crunch. I really haven't tested it out on drop tuned metal stuff, but I'm sure it'd do ok as long as it's not cranked.
It's a bargain for what you get imo.

cheers,
Steve

The working side, and the waiting for the weekend side - minus all the FOH monitors.

Attachments

• pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 169
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 140
Back
Top Bottom