I have GAS again!

cob666

Inspired
I never thought it would happen but I have GAS again! I haven't had the urge to buy anything gear related (other than some guitar work here and there) since I bought my Ultra almost 2 years ago but since the Axe II was announced I feel the need.

I'm quite happy with the sound of the Ultra, the features that are worth the upgrade to me are the USB connectivity as well as the headphone out. Of course the extra horsepower doesn't hurt but those two features were enough to kick my GAS up a notch. No more having to fuss around with tenuous MIDI connections any more!

So, here I sit waiting for my coupon :(

Yeah, I'm waiting for my coupon too. Swore no more music purchases this year, but I NEED the II :) Well, will buy that, plus audiobros LA Scoring Strings Legato Sordino soon as well. Then no more. Please Cliff, don't announce an Axe-Fx II Ultra.

Those features are a huge part of what swayed me. I just got the II yesterday and had almost no time to use it. This AM I downloaded the USB Mac driver and new firmware, installed the driver, rebooted my Mac and updated firmware with Sysex Librarian. No problem (I'd always been able to do it before with Ultra, but sometimes it took several tries and/or swapping out midi interfaces). Selected it as audio interface on my Mac and was off and running. Couldn't have been easier.

It did surprise me how long the update took, maybe 1/2 hour, but the firmware is larger than Ultra, maybe 1.2 meg. The convenience of USB is just huge for me and I look forward to much happy reamping.

I have GAS too....funny thing is that I'm GAS'ing for tube amps again while I wait for my coupon. Mesa Trans Atlantic.

It did surprise me how long the update took, maybe 1/2 hour, but the firmware is larger than Ultra, maybe 1.2 meg. The convenience of USB is just huge for me and I look forward to much happy reamping.
Did you change the speed settings in Sysex Librarian? Otherwise, it'll stream at the same speed as it was through your old MIDI interface.

Did you change the speed settings in Sysex Librarian? Otherwise, it'll stream at the same speed as it was through your old MIDI interface.

Looked like the speed was set to max speed, but I'm going to look further into that. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom