Humbuster technology TRS/TS

jdolll

Inspired
Has anyone tested the humbuster technology thing out? I was reading the manual and saw the portion about using a TRS to TS cable with the ring soldered to the ground of the TS side. I can easily make one of these but I'm wondering if it's worth it? My ultra was always so quiet I can't really imagine needing it. Curious to hear of any experiences with this

I'm probably missing something in regards to the Humbuster technology. But when I look at the cable diagram in the manual I can't help but wonder what the difference is compared to putting a TS plug in the output. Grounding the ring to ground on the far side of the cable vs directly at the output. Could anyone educate me on this?

Yes. As I see it, the ring is being shorted to ground. What would the difference be between shorting it on one or the other side?

the axe II is super quiet even without using the humbuster technology. the boost/padding really cuts out a lot of noise!

I'm probably missing something in regards to the Humbuster technology. But when I look at the cable diagram in the manual I can't help but wonder what the difference is compared to putting a TS plug in the output. Grounding the ring to ground on the far side of the cable vs directly at the output. Could anyone educate me on this?

The Humbuster outputs sense the ground noise at the far end of the cable and cancel it out. Remember there is no such thing as a wire with zero impedance.

So if for instance I have a telecaster thats single coils hum, would the hum buster help with that noise? Or is it just if you had another device like a pedal or eq or something that created hum that it would cancel? Sorry, i feel like this is a really elementary question

Back
Top Bottom