Honored to be the proud owner of the very 1st production Axe Fx II!!!!

Hey, congrats!

Just a quick question for you. I want to build some housing for my AxeII (when I get it, of course) and have a similar layout as the last photo you uploaded, only instead of a laptop I would have my flat-screen monitor. Does that housing y and set-up you have their hinder the Axe's fan? Like, does it heat up or anything?

Thanks!

being invited to pick up one the first

You're assuming he was invited. He might have asked if he could stop by and lucked into the 'timing is everything' rule.

But I do hope he shows up again and talks about it a bit.

I've never been one to feel as though I had to have the first of everything, so I'm certainly not begrudging someone else for their good luck. If I've lived 36 years without an Axe II, a little while longer isn't going to kill me. :)

Non-posting, mystery man, bedroom player with 2 Ultras lying around - one that's never been opened - appears for bragging rights to the first axe-II then disappears...

He obviously did something for Fractal that resulted in being invited to pick up one the first units before they went on sale. Would be nice if he participated in the forum.

Since he showed up here (or was invited) just to brag about it, it'd be just a *tad* respectful if he'd reveal WHY he was invited to pick up a first-run unit.

I don't think we'll hear from him again, and I wouldn't count on him participating in the forum. Kind of a bummer really.

If he is the same Dana Cabral that is on the Diezel forum, than he is important enough to get his personally modded amps. Don't be jealous!:D Is great to see those units going in good hands. Keep rocking!

I'm just a jealous guy

I guess you are right about that. I am just jealous that I can't get my hands on one. I hope it is not 2-3 years though - ouch!

While I do feel bad for you, this is normal practice for any small guitar/amplifier company. I mean if you were to order from any of the boutique shops for an amp your wait would be able a year as its generally, just like Fractal, a small group of people. Same thing goes for guitars, you typically wait at least a year for any luthier and then ones in high demand like Jason Schroder or Thorn take up to 2-3 years.

If he is the same Dana Cabral that is on the Diezel forum, than he is important enough to get his personally modded amps. Don't be jealous!:D Is great to see those units going in good hands. Keep rocking!
Selling the first unit to a ghost forum member who'll never return must be a savvy move in one form or another. If the guy is a local hero in an active tube amp forum, then it would make sense. Either way, Dana and Fractal have been keeping lips zipped regarding the reasons behind it.

Did the new ax-edit software come with it to? CD?

No - it will be posted on the site within a few days according to Cliff. I love the editor but personally, I was happy that it wasnt available yet because it forced me to use the controls and menus on the Axe FX II itself. The Axe FX II is much easier to navigate than the Ultra or Standard. Cliff really thought of everything this go around. I am blown away!

I always sucked at navigating and editing with the Ultra...just used the editor. It's nice to know that the II is easier to work with.

Blank serial number?

Cliff was going out of his way on a Saturday to make sure I had the unit. We talked about the serial number but he had to track down where the stickers were etc and I didnt want to ask him to go out of his way any more than he already did. Cliffs word that I got the first one is good enough for me! Maybe he will ship the second production model out with a serial number ending in ....002 and send me a sticker. It doesnt matter to me. Having one with no number is kind of cool too :)

Hey, congrats!

Just a quick question for you. I want to build some housing for my AxeII (when I get it, of course) and have a similar layout as the last photo you uploaded, only instead of a laptop I would have my flat-screen monitor. Does that housing y and set-up you have their hinder the Axe's fan? Like, does it heat up or anything?

Thanks!

Thanks man!

Any double spaced rack should work for you. Obviously you will need to make sure it stays open in the front and back while running it for proper ventilation. The one I have is pretty generic and you can get them pretty cheap at guitar center. You could definitely put a flat screen monitor on it.

Last edited:
ALthough I am jealous... I would like to say that was a pretty cool thing that Cliff did for you! Kudos Cliff!

It was a VERY cool thing that Cliff did for me. And the thing that makes it cooler than anything is that I did not do anything special for Fractal and I am not a celebrity or someone special (you know, like Solo-Act). Despite all of the conspiracy theories and all those who have nothing better to do but get on here and be negative or look for ways to bash people, this was just a very cool thing to do, plain and simple and I am extremely grateful for it and happy about it. Those who have nothing good or positive to add to the thread should keep their negativity to themselves.

Last edited:
You're assuming he was invited. He might have asked if he could stop by and lucked into the 'timing is everything' rule.

But I do hope he shows up again and talks about it a bit.

I've never been one to feel as though I had to have the first of everything, so I'm certainly not begrudging someone else for their good luck. If I've lived 36 years without an Axe II, a little while longer isn't going to kill me. :)

Amen Brother!!!

Last edited:
They ARE that small. I live one town over from the factory so I purchased my Ultra and MFC-101 in person. The old building building didn't have a whole lot more square footage than my basement and garage put together.

Back
Top Bottom