New AxeFx II Video Clip..Gainier Mark Day

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
I decided to stay in my hotel room tonight and make a clip. Here's the AxeFx II running direct via USB into Logic Pro 9. No EQ's or hi/low pass filters were used in Logic all FX are from the AxeFx II.

I built this preset using the Marsha sim,

I didn't have time to make a "dry" clip.

Mark

sounds great Mark! How did you monitor yourself? Sound really "roomy", but it`s direct ... i`m impressed. Is this the room-verb in the cab block? But how did you monitor yourself? did not see any headphones ...... in the HOTEL room .... ????

sounds great Mark! How did you monitor yourself? Sound really "roomy", but it`s direct ... i`m impressed. Is this the room-verb in the cab block? But how did you monitor yourself? did not see any headphones ...... in the HOTEL room .... ????

I went for the White Lion plate reverb sound using a reverb block i the AxeII. I monitored using my MacBook's little speakers..sounds friggin great...lol. The headphone out on the AxeII sounds really good too, great in fact!

Mark

Have to agree. It sounds like a mic in the room. There is a step on most things in Axe II, but that room sim is probably the most impressive. And if the headphone actually sounds good. That´s the first unit that does that. My Ultra sounds good trough PA, but ultragreat into my Mesa 50/50 and 2x12"´s.

Btw: Great stuff Mark. Almost forgot to say it, when i started to think about Axe II.

great playing and tones as per usual, Mark. On a non axe topic, how were you getting the graphics to appear as if the were in the window of the hotel room? Was that a reflection? Cool effect.

I was playing around yesterday and used a tone eerily similar... and it RAWKED!

Hmmm. :D

Cool stuff. The 'reflections in the window' are a great touch. Loved it!

Sounds great Mark! However, there is a GIANT FLYING PEEPING TOM AxeFXII snooping outside your window! Forget the Axe II, I'm holding out for the GFPT version. :)

Hey Mark, I've enjoyed all the clips you've posted and was just wondering. I know you use Logic for audio but what method, program, etc do you use for the video and mixing with the recorded audio? I'm looking for a way to sync audio and video easily. I've done some video stuff before but it's always been quite a time vampire getting it rendered correctly (bit rates, codecs and such).

Back
Top Bottom