Another AxeFxII Video at Tone Merchants-Mike Young

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Mike dropped by the shop to see the AxeII and played through one of his EAW NT59 FRFR monitors. He sounded so great I asked if I could shot some video and he was gracious enough to allow us to do that. We used an Edirol R09-HR to get the audio to Logic.

He plays some really cool cleans, solo stuff and some really cool atmospheric type swells.

We hope you guys enjoy this as much as we did listening to Mike play here at the shop.

Mark

Last edited:
If I practiced 12 hours a day for 30 years... I could only hope to play like that. I'll be 85. :(

:)

I really appreciate seeing videos like this that show what these products are capable of "out of the box". X-cellent playing and kewl tones. Seems to be getting more of that 'real tube' sound.

I'm sold. The old one was cool but after a few bars it seemed to have the same kind of sound/response, this one sounds very realistic. Hearing the same guys through their AxeFx's, favorite tube amps and now this is good proof of concept. I just became one of those guys that might be saying there is no difference between this and any other tube amp setup. Killer! I can hear an improvement in Mark's high gain clip too, I can't believe some people say they don't notice much difference. There's a huge difference, much warmer chimey/sensitive to touch/random tube harmonic distortion/etc. It's all there now.

That is by far the best sound I've ever heard out of an FRFR unit.
The first one I've ever liked. Then I did some investigation.
Those EAW NT-59's are $2500 EACH! So much for, "maybe I should
give FRFR another chance". Fantastic sound. Totally involving
sonic detail.

I absolutely love the Eric Johnson-esque vibe this guy has. I'm impressed and yes it sounds amazing as expected.

Nice video and thanks for sharing as always!

Back
Top Bottom