Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if in the AXE II if you use both inputs at the same time the two paths don´t get mixed when using some effect blocks like drivers or compressors or if there´s anyway to isolate both paths completly.
Thanks.

Is there anyway we can extract all of Cliff's answers, or accurate ones replied by community members, into a separate thread instead of looking through 70+ pages lol???

Is there anyway we can extract all of Cliff's answers, or accurate ones replied by community members, into a separate thread instead of looking through 70+ pages lol???
When the search function of the forum will be enabled again, you will be able to search all of Cliff's posts :)

BUMP: I wonder how the input level LEDs work on the new unit. Do they operate.. binary style (on or off), or do they lit up gradually, which would make the level readings much more accurate (well maybe accurate is not the correct word, but cooler, more fluid anyway). It is a nice little trick that I have seen on some other rack units. If it is working the same as on the previous versions (binary style), is it possible to modify them without any hardware change?

Thats awesome I'm in the process of building a single rackspace extension plate with short cables to move most of the I/O to the front of my rack. makes it more portable where I move it between 3 different places.

BUMP: I wonder how the input level LEDs work on the new unit. Do they operate.. binary style (on or off), or do they lit up gradually, which would make the level readings much more accurate (well maybe accurate is not the correct word, but cooler, more fluid anyway). It is a nice little trick that I have seen on some other rack units. If it is working the same as on the previous versions (binary style), is it possible to modify them without any hardware change?

On/off lit/not lit

"use your ears" was often the motto with the Axe-FX as the amp sims control settings (TMB etc) were often not 1:1 with their analogue counterparts. Is this still the case with Axe-FX II or are the control settings for the amp sims pretty close to 1:1 with the real amps they have been modelled on?

Also, is the active tonestack retained?

Dims are the same:
19” x 3.5” x 12” (483 x 88 x 305 mm)
http://www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/Axe-...duct_Brief.pdf
http://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-specifications.html
It's an inch or two deeper.
I'm building a custom case for the Axe-Fx II and am now confused about the dimensions -- are you now saying it's not 12" deep but anywhere from 12"-14" and preliminary documentation on the II is not right? Could someone please measure their II and report on the dimensions. Thank you ... " measure twice, cut once"

I've been building a Q&A sheet since page one.

Thank you!

Quick plea for everybody - this thread wouldn't be 70+ pages if we trimmed the commentary and jokey stuff. Just try to respect Cliff's time so that he can more efficiently answer all the pertinent questions and not sift through all the chaff.

1. What does the new Power Tube Gain and Saturation switch in the amp blocks do?

2. How does the Intelligent pitch shifting "Learn" function work?

Will the sources of the first generation firmwares be released someday (in a far future ;)) ?

The Actual "Source code"??

I very much doubt it, considering how far the Axe-FX V1 is ahead of the competion, I can not see a reason why anyone would release it

correct, I was saying that I believe it would be crazy to release the Source Code.

or are you saying that you think it is a good idea?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom