Perspective

Lets try this again, since my laptop decided to lock and load while I was typing ....

If people can't express their dislikes as well as their likes, then this is really not working like a forum should. Why are people going after those who have complaints? Let people say what they want, of course there were other ways to handle this release, people are going to complain, especially since the value of their investment just went down. So let them gripe. Endless people going after their opinions DOES NOT HELP.

I am lucky, my Axe is a few years old ... and I don't particularly want to sell it as much as I want to get my hands on the new unit.

My only gripe is legit .... I WANT TO BUY AN AXE II .... no dates of availability?!?!? Cruel. It sucks to be nobody.

I bought a Standard a month ago, and a wave of confusion swept over me as I read the announcement... But then I read through the product release, saw the features available, and the way that Cliff has listened to requests and suggestions, and I feel no disappointment at all- I have exactly the kick-#ss processor I paid for, with an even better one on the horizon. It's a fantastic product in any form, and if you think a Standard or Ultra is somehow outdated, head over to your local big box guitar store and play through some of the competition. Just because Lamborghinis exist doesn't meant my Porsche is a slow car...

slow clap+1. We get a better deal than most with FAS. Hell, the big guy actually posts in this forum and answers our questions, takes our suggestions, and delivers. When's the last time you emailed Line 6 with a product idea or upgrade idea (new amps, etc.) and had it implemented lol!

BMH: It's one thing to post regarding dislike or displeasure with how a situation went down, but there is a way to do it constructively without throwing personal and derogatory comments towards the owner. This forum is actually one of the most well spoken forums I frequent, and I can say that almost all of the time someone has been 'flamed' for speaking their dislike was when they did it in such a way that was disrespectful and condescending.

I am allowed my opinion, period. There was nothing in there about Cliff, what kind of garbage are you trying to spew? This is exactly what I am talking about. My Ultra is 2 years old, I bet I have had it longer than you ... but I am not tracking down other guys and slamming their complaints. I have bought a Standard, an Ultra, and use 2 Atomic FRFR powered cabs. Don't lecture me. My point is you guys are NOT helping by constantly going after other's for their opinions ... and here you do it to ME. man, you are so on the wrong side friend.

What's killing me is the people threatening to sue me, file a charge-back with their CC issuer, etc. Unbelievable.

And then people implying I should've reduced the price. Like it cost less now to build for some reason (when in fact the costs had risen over 10% this past year).

Total one-way street with a lot of people. Bust my ass to give them the best product I can and they repay me with this BS. Nice.

It's just people annoyed with their situation and they take it out on a person they've never met before in a land far away because it's easy. It's not cool, I wouldn't do that. and the ultra is now only the second best guitar processor on the market boo hoo it's not like the ultra turned into a pumpkin at midnight guys. If I bought an ultra last week I'd still buy an axefx2 and I wouldn't have any issues it's just the nature of things. Sometimes you are just the guy who bought the old product the day before the new one came out, thems the breaks folks.

I know. I'll sell the Axe-Fx II at $2199 and then in a few months raise the price and ask everyone who already bought one to pay the difference.

What's killing me is the people threatening to sue me, file a charge-back with their CC issuer, etc. Unbelievable.

And then people implying I should've reduced the price. Like it cost less now to build for some reason (when in fact the costs had risen over 10% this past year).

Total one-way street with a lot of people. Bust my ass to give them the best product I can and they repay me with this BS. Nice.

We live in an entitlement culture. None of us are totally immune, but hopefully some of us will recognize it in ourselves and make corrections.

BMH: Your original post was talking about how people voicing their displeasure were getting ganged up on. I simply stated that when I saw 'ganging up', it was after someone (not you) had gone and said things in a rather harsh fashion (i.e. I know where Cliff can shove the Axe FX, etc.). I was simply stating what I had noticed. I did not 'go after you' (if you construed it as such, then it was a miscommunication on both ends). I replied to your comment...isn't that what you say we all have a right to do on this forum?

But, I would also appreciate you not lecturing ME on how much you have spent on FAS gear vs. me. Firstly, you have no idea how much FAS gear I have (more than an just an Ultra, mind you); secondly, I'm in Canada so I can guarantee you I paid much more for all of my FAS gear than you. Either way, your money is not more valuable than mine, nor is mine more valuable than yours. We both find ourselves in situations with Ultras and a new Axe II. We're not the only ones. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, absolutely! So, my concluding opinion, I think we're all really lucky to have FAS gear in the first place...I know tons of people drooling over even a Standard :) . Here's to a whole bunch more drooling over the Axe II :D

Last edited:
I can understand BMI point of not having a go at people who are peeved..let them rant and get it out of their system, it will soon pass.

Threatening though to sue, is just crazy talk, what goes through the mind of people at times!:roll

Last edited:
Props Shasha

Your post was brilliant and extremely well thought out. Thanks for putting things is perspective.

Contrary to what many of you may think of me and some of my posts, and other members who might have seemingly looked as though they were taking aim at the delivery of this new launch, I'm 100% pro Cliff, pro Tom, pro Axe, and pro FA. I think where some lines got blurred was my blunt irreverance and delivery - something most people take time to get used to, if ever.

But to Shasha, excellent post and mega thumbs up!!

Cliff, if people are threatening to sue, or do CC chargebacks, I'm sorry - but this was what I was eluding to in my original post regarding the countdown. A drawn out launch during which people continue to purchase unknowingly of what it is being launched can have repurcussions. A backfire, as I coined it. I am sorry this seemingly is taking place - I believe by law, there are no grounds to sue; unless mistruths were indeed communicated (and proven so) to recent buyers that no 'new' product was on the immediate imminent horizon and that [this] information was what prompted them to a "reasonable, defensible and rational purchase".

Namaste,
V.

see, that's what i thought i'd see today: a mature acceptance of an impressive effort, like shasha's op. (thanks for saying something, btw, i thought the forum was going to explode too!) and poor cliff gets blasted no matter what he does (or doesn't do). :roll i feel for you, man. you guys put out great stuff and somewhere in our hearts we all know it, but the mouth speaks before the brain thinks, i guess!

does that mean i'm not getting an axe ii? well, wouldn't you? do i feel like i lost out on it? well, wouldn't anybody? do i have any hard feelings? no; cliff is running a business. again, it goes back to that entitlement thing. man, people are just impossible! i suppose i'm preaching to the choir at this point. i now know i'm not alone saying thanks for everything and please continue what you're doing regardless of what the "market" spews forth from their ignorance.

bottom line: fas team & cliff in particular, i wish you best, and, the toughest skin to weather this storm...

Cliff ... you're doing a great job and I commend you for starting and succeeding with this business. As they say you can't please everyone all the time. Good luck with this release and I wish you only the best and a successful run for the Axe FX II.

Give me a call or send me an email when you can (you should still have my contact info) so we can discuss whether or not I should demo the Axe FX or the new Axe FX II for my effects clinic in September.

Talk to you soon
- Dudley

But my question is why you showed no respect for your NEW customers that were laying out their hard earned cash towards a company that has built a good reputation for the way it does business. How would YOU feel if you were in our shoes.

When I purchased a Control 24 from Digidesign/Avid they let me know a couple of months before the new C/24 was released and let me make the choice if I wanted to wait for the new one or they'd give me a special discount on the Control 24 that was being phased out. I chose the Control 24 and was totally happy with the purchase. When you share that kind of info with your perspective customers it builds a trust and respect about the company that you're doing business with.

Comparing FAS to Avid is a bit of a stretch. While it'd be nice if FAS had been able to do something like that, their businesses and certainly the size of the businesses are simply nothing alike. If sales on the Control 24 slow down coz there's a new one coming, how many other products and lines of business do Avid have to keep income flowing in regardless of that? If sales slowed on the Standard and Ultra, how many other areas of income do they have?

Mind you, they'll still charge their customers $100 for a firmware upgrade on the 11R. :lol

Cliff the ONLY problem I have had with the axe fx at all, is not how it is made or what it has in it. EVERYONE knows it is the best made guitar pre-amp hands down! The problem I have, is the TIME it takes to get one!

With the new developments in technology, surely this new axe fx II can be made faster and given to more people than the older units. What was frustrating for me was the WAIT....not the product....again, it is fantastic!

Now people wonder how long of a wait they will have by clicking on a Buy now button that may or may have no product for sale?

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I am just not that type of person to click on a button everyday at noon and HOPE I can get an order in!

This is one thing I HOPE changes at fractal audio...... AVAILABILITY!

I understand that qualtiy comes first,But a company like PRS also understands that as well. Yet he makes some of the finest machine made guitars in America and does it at a pace that he can sell to hundreds of stores.

If anything I hope this changes at FA.

This whole deal seems like a slippery slope from both sides of the coin. I just think some people say things out of frustration before thinking it through. You can't exactly keep something that big under wraps and tell someone not to buy the current model without deflating the deserved excitement of such a huge unveil.
I've only had my Ultra 5 months and while I do feel bummed I jumped the gun on getting mainly the connectivity the Axe II offers I still can't get over how awesome my ultra is. I also am blown away by a company that pretty much compiled almost every wish for a future product the members of this forum could think of...only to have some people accuse them of leaving them out.
Do I think Cliff/Fractal owes me anything...after producing the best amp I've ever owned, not at all. Do I want and Axe II...maybe down the road. Do I NEED one...I don't think I (or anyone else here) could ever use all the stuff in an Ultra. Just my $.02, I don't think any other company is going to as far as this one has to please it's customers.

I just plan on keeping my Ultra as a backup for the Axe-FX II...the bonus here is that I won't have to use a crappy Line 6 product (SHUDDER) as a backup anymore!

I always have backups for everything...backup cables, strings, picks, batteries, stands, flashlights, direct boxes, etc. etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom