Post Your Rig!

Hey Guys! My name is Chuck and I'm new to this forum. Great people here. Thanks for all the informative stuff here too...I'm enjoying the heck out of my ultra.
Here's some pics of my setup with some Bose speakers, minus the Ground Control Pro Midi Foot Controller:
IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Last edited:
@yek: I've been looking in vain for stand for my 4-space rack that meets my requirements. The Millenium stand you use has a few of the features on my short list: square footprint for stability, good height so I don't have to bend over, and adjustable tilt. But I both like and fear the tilt mechanism. As best I can tell from the photo, it all hinges on that one knob. If the knob were to loosen, it seems the rack could flop over, with disastrous consequences.

I'm also a little concerned about the apparently short support arms, which are common to a lot of amp stands. I worry that the short arms under the rack could allow a front-heavy rack to tip forward and off the front of the stand if bumped in the right (or wrong) way. I'm also concerned that the rear arms aren't long enough to meet the top edge of a four- or six-space rack. I've seen that situation, in a tilt-back setup, allow a light forward or upward push (to the front of the rack) make the rack tip backwards, pivoting around the lower edge, without the stand moving at all.

What are your thoughts about the importance of those concerns with regards to the stand you use?

@Rex

I have the same stand, and I would not recommend it for a 4HE rack. It's not all that stable and easily knocked over.

My first axe rig

Here is my rig, not in a long way as sexy as lots of you guys have. But maybe I can claim the prize of most internationally bought rig. ;)

Axe-Fx (Ebay)
MFC-101 (G66)
EB jr pedal (music shop, Bangkok)
Seer SS poweramp. (China, direct from a pro audio factory)
Flight cases (factory in China)
Wangs 1x12 Seventy80 Guitar cabinet (Wangs amps, Beijing)
Focusrite Saffire 6 USB (Music shop, Hong Kong) (not in pic)

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpg

octatonic, do you have any issues with heat with the Axe and VHT right next to each other like that?

No, not really.

In the end I split the rig into a 2u soft rack for the Axe and a 4u for everything else.
Easier to move about and only a couple more cables to plug in- but it wasn't for heat.

@Yek
it's a Fireface 400 by RME.
It's a great product, coming from a Motu Ultralite it was a giant leap forward sound wise.
And it's very handy to have two pairs of Midi ports: for example to trigger drums and use
Axe Edit at the same time.

I use the Gordius Little Giant too, so right now I am figuring out an omnipotent Midi scenario,
controlling a Pod XTL and the AxeFx for panning, volume and patch switch between two guitars,
Toontrack Solo or Logic including a click track / tempo adjustment, +kick trigger
and due to using an Onyx 1640i in rehearsal room it's imaginable to rout software effects from the
mac to several channel strips and switch them as well for vocals while recording the whole stuff...

this sounds gaga, I know, but I sometimes do stuff only because it's possible.

Last edited:
Thats m while a concert in Germany.
Have no real gear picture yet.

Attachments

• DSC01973.jpg
    DSC01973.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom