Idea...! What if endorsed ARTIST'S created patches....?

paying for presets is ridiculous... as everyone has different tastes, one person's perfect tone is another person's sonic turd...

Protecting something that's yours should be not ridiculed. Honestly, [most] anyone who is good at what they do holds back some information. Only a fool gives it all away. In this world we need to make money. If every kid on the street could sound like you—that is if you were a professional—fewer people would buy your album. Simple politics for a world full of idiots.

I really don't understand that argument. I really like all my tones and some of them are very similar or even based on an artist's tone. Does that stop me from buying that artist's records? Hahahah no... added to that fact, there are plenty of artists and bands whose music I don't care for, and would never in my life try to replicate, but I like their tones. My lead tone is a TriAxis which sounds spot-on when I'm fooling around with Images and Words-era Dream Theater leads, but in my own band, no-one in their right mind would say we sound anything like Dream Theater :lol: And lately, I've modded that tone by using the Plexi tonestack and backing off some gain, which is all my own preference and playing style building on the Petrucci-style tone. Not to mention my choice of guitar and pickups are nothing like JP's.

My main gripe with your argument however is that you're insinuating people buy records because of guitar tones. Or that a guitarist's main source of income is his tone. That's ridiculous, in my humble opinion. Good music is good regardless of tone, and vice versa. Besides, if you're so dead-set on tone being intellectual property, I think you should return the Axe-Fx to Cliff and build your own damn gear ;)

I have some great custom patches for my Ultra and am looking to trade and share new ones. Particularly interested in Fender twin and blackface, wave pressure (single/double delay to pitch shift) Jimi (clean), drive, and beatbox like sounds. Anyone out there with a bead on the same?

Back
Top Bottom