Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Yup! that is really hard for me to justify, I thought about doing a small one but they are pretty proud of that one two @ $485+ I'm just not interested in spending that kind of money on a pedalboard. I might try and make one though... Hum.
I guess 926 Canadian dollars is only $688 in US dollars (a Canadian dollar is only 74 cents today). Still pricy for me, but I like the idea. I’m sure it’s a very nice product

So. Wanting to lighten the board and downsize a bit, and inspired by the board @rcm78 posted, I decided to rebuild. The old setup was 34lbs. This one is 25. Some details:
  • Creation Music Aero 24x16
  • Fix pedalboards bridge 23x6x3
  • Custom back panel I designed and had built by Front Panel Express
  • Side panel has a headphone jack and an input for if I want to use another expression pedal
  • Most cables are Mogami 2319 or 2552 with Squareplugs straight plugs on one end and various XLR or TRS/TS connectors from Amazon
  • Power connector is a Temple Audio IEC Power Mod customized into a Y-cable
  • Cables for the bridge are Lava Cable tightrope solderless
  • FM9 attached with screws
  • Moog Expression pedal attached with 3M Dual Lock

50F6F65C-F572-4C80-B255-0A4F6357BA0F.jpeg

6375B65A-16B7-4C78-94F0-39DDD7597AEA.jpeg

D14FE14F-6671-4F2A-A3D6-C3F6C6BDA4B5.jpeg

7084054C-979B-418D-AD3C-9EF44EDC73D0.jpeg

6BC914AE-A0F7-44FA-8685-B746F1922A1F.jpeg

Last edited:
So. Wanting to lighten the board and downsize a bit, and inspired by the board @rcm78 posted, I decided to rebuild. The old setup was 34lbs. This one is 25. Some details:
  • Creation Music Aero 26x16
  • Side panel has a headphone jack and an input for if I want to use another expression pedal
  • Most cables are Mogami 2319 or 2552 with Squareplugs straight plugs on one end and various XLR or TRS/TS connectors from Amazon
  • Power connector is a Temple Audio IEC Power Mod

View attachment 119769

View attachment 119770

View attachment 119771

View attachment 119772

View attachment 119774
Nice! It's amazing how much a few Lbs can make when you have to schlep it around! I still like the Temple Audio board I have and the soft case makes it pretty nice to carry around.

• Power connector is a Temple Audio IEC Power Mod

View attachment 119769

View attachment 119770

View attachment 119771

View attachment 119772

View attachment 119774
That came out fantastic!

Now this is podracing

View attachment 119769

View attachment 119770

View attachment 119771

View attachment 119772

View attachment 119774

View attachment 119769

View attachment 119770

View attachment 119771

View attachment 119772

View attachment 119774
Wow. That cabling is so clean and tidy! Looks awesome!!

• Creation Music Aero 24x16

View attachment 119769

View attachment 119770

View attachment 119771

View attachment 119772

View attachment 119774
How much do you think you have invested in this work or art? I love it!

How much do you think you have invested in this work or art? I love it!
Thanks man. I'm estimating probably 800ish. The board (210), bridge (225), and back panel (180) were most of that and were pretty much the only things I didn't have on hand. Of the stuff I already had, the temple mod was about 50 but everything else was just random parts, plugs, and hardware and those were pretty inexpensive.

Yeah the Temple boards are a solid platform for the FM's. In terms of a case, I'm still considering my options.
So, I had a custom road case made for mine due to the height of the FC6 on top of the bridge. You shouldn't need that, your board should fit in a pelican style case.
After a few gigs, the road case was just too cumbersome. I have an old Mono 32X16 pedalboard case. I think it's the Tour model. My board fits in it and that took quite a bit of bulk and weight off the whole package.
At least I have the road case for travel gigs...

Back
Top Bottom