Tough Week

I’ve been meaning to try some of the Jonnie Walkers. I‘m not onto really peaty scotches though. My go to is usually the Oban 18 if I’m reaching for a Scotch scotch.

Is it worth trying a “lesser” Walker or is it blue or nothing?

I‘ve got a very delicate Suntory on the go here. I like it best on a clean palate it’s so light and timid.

FE70CDBB-71A8-4CE3-890B-10FE4E551286.jpeg

Cheers!

Stay warm!

That's Blue Ghost. Very smooth. Nothing like the lesser JWs. Red is gross. Black is okay. The rest are excellent.

A friend gave me a bottle of some rare single malt Scotch. I took one sip and I swear it burned a hole in my duodenum.

That's Blue Ghost. Very smooth. Nothing like the lesser JWs. Red is gross. Black is okay. The rest are excellent.

A friend gave me a bottle of some rare single malt Scotch. I took one sip and I swear it burned a hole in my duodenum.
Try the 18 year Oban. It’s ridiculously smooth and easy to drink.

Haven’t tried many JW’s but the Blue is definitely one I’d like somebody else to buy for me. :)

@iaresee - that Suntory was really good. I went in thinking it would be one thing and was quite pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong. I’ve definitely recommended this to several people. That Bulleit has always been one of my go-to’s but it has recently been replaced by First Call. The First Call “cask strength” will definitely give you “The Kentucky Hug”! Quite nice and fairly inexpensive too.

…and is that a Whistle Pig hiding behind the Suntory?

Haven’t tried many JW’s but the Blue is definitely one I’d like somebody else to buy for me. :)

@iaresee - that Suntory was really good. I went in thinking it would be one thing and was quite pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong. I’ve definitely recommended this to several people. That Bulleit has always been one of my go-to’s but it has recently been replaced by First Call. The First Call “cask strength” will definitely give you “The Kentucky Hug”! Quite nice and fairly inexpensive too.
The Bulliet is my mixing rye. Sazeracs and old fashions and what not. For sipping rye Ive got that Whistle Pig 10 year behind it and an Angels Envy rum cask finished rye that’s out of this world.

I didn’t know what to expect with the Suntory. But I like it! Delicate is the only word that comes to mind. Very low heat.

I love Scotch and Rye. The Bulleit is our regular house Rye. Excellent for the price. The Suntory is a decent economy Scotch. I see @iaresse has the Whistle Pig 10. That one is great. I have had the pleasure of drinking the Boss Hog, which is the best whiskey I have had yet. Cheers guys!

Rittenhouse Rye is my fav rye that won't break the bank. I actually prefer Rye to straight bourbon or whiskey these days. A very under the radar bourbon that is very high proof but sips pretty smooth while keeping bourbon cocktails nice and stout is the Old Grandad 114. I keep a few more expensive bottles around for special occasions but those are the workhorses, along with good ole Wild Turkey 101.

Here is the song I wrote about Whiskey in 2021 called "Giddy-Up With A Whiskey Cup" (link is to mediocre live performance of it - I totally now hate the official release version so if you want to listen, listen to this mediocre live recording)

Another long day in the grind
Can make us all feel less than fine
And when I need to calm my nerves
Well it's the least that I deserve

And so I reach for my fine drink
Try to escape this world and think
Just keep on sippin' round and round
Until my solace I have found

Giddy-up with a whiskey cup
Line up the shots time to drink up
Chase away sorrows of today
I worked hard now it's time to play

Giddy-up in a whiskey cup
Medicate my eyes to see
A world where liquor I know I need

My Momma says I should not drink
Worries I'll end up in the clink
My daddy he had set the pace
To the bottom of the hill two drunks would race

But that don't stop me from good times
Just wear a smile and shoot for kind
Let's raise 'em up and tip a few
Right here right now I wanna' drink with you

Kill the sorrows of today
We work so hard come on let's play

Medicate thine eyes to see
A world where liquors what we all need

Puritans listenin' to this song
It will be over in not to long
Believe the offense will not last
And if it does raise your shot glass

Let's toss one for the skit of it
Might be surprised on what you git
You may enjoy enough to join
Us in our revelry sips ahoy oy oy oy

Sailin' through the sorrows of today
I worked so hard now it's time to play

Medicate my eyes to see
A world where liquor I surely need

Line up the shots time to get drunk

Last edited:
Well, thanks Cliff for both my great modeler and for the inspiration. Broke out my Johnny Walker Green in your honor. It’s a beautiful whiskey as I am sure the Blue Ghost is. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom