Plugging my FM3 into the power amp in of a HOTROD..

Shelladelic

Inspired
My drives came alive for the first time for me.. Amazing stuff.. I might have to switch to a hotrod instead of my Quilter Toneblock 202

So you did:

Guitar > FM3 input > FM3 Drives > FM3 Amp > FM3 Output > Hotrod PA Input?

Did you have to mess with many setting to set the gain staging or did it just sound good basically out of the box? I haven't experiemented much with using the FM3 with a real amp, but I guess that's why peopl tend to like the tone of tube power amps, although you can't beat the convenience of a Quilter or similar.

Back when I had the Helix I did a gig with it plugged into the fx return of a Hotrod , which I had hooked up to a 4x12, worked quite well, would imagine it would be killer with a Fractal. I had cabsim off naturally, but used a hi/lo cut to fine tune the tonality.

So you did:

Guitar > FM3 input > FM3 Drives > FM3 Amp > FM3 Output > Hotrod PA Input?

Did you have to mess with many setting to set the gain staging or did it just sound good basically out of the box? I haven't experiemented much with using the FM3 with a real amp, but I guess that's why peopl tend to like the tone of tube power amps, although you can't beat the convenience of a Quilter or similar.
I have the tone block 202 and its killing too..

My drives came alive for the first time for me.. Amazing stuff.. I might have to switch to a hotrod instead of my Quilter Toneblock 202
What is the Hotrod?

Do you mean the power section of a Fender Hotrod Deluxe, or are you telling me there's another power amp out there I need to shoot out?

Back
Top Bottom