FREE Cab Pack - Friedman BE 4x12 with Royer R10

Variable

Inspired
Hi everyone, I wanted to share a free cab pack. I was originally intending to sell this back in 2018, but life happened and my priorities shifted, and so I want to give this away to the community here since it's been so helpful for so many. I just exported all of these out of my Axe3 to import into my FM3, and figured it's time to share them with others as these have been my go-to for almost everything for a while now. I find them to be pretty versatile.

This cab pack is a series of UltraRes IRs I recorded back when I had a Royer R10 with my Friedman BE 4x12 with GBs on top and V30s on the bottom. I did multiple sets of each speaker at 0" (right on the grill), 1", 2", and 3". I also captured the cap, the cap edge, the middle of the cone, and the cone edge to add some more options. The IR gets expectedly darker as you move the mic outward. I also included some mixes I did in CabLab, though I've been mostly just using the base IRs and mixing in the Axe.

I'm a huge fan of the Royer R10 as it's a ribbon mic designed specifically for guitar cab micing, and has a bit of a blended 121 + SM57 sound to it that makes everything sound really good. You'll hear a more pronounced proximity effect on the 0" IRs, with it dropping off pretty quick after 1".

Here's how the naming works on the files:

"Cap" = right on the cap
"CapEdge" = On the edge of the cap where it attaches to the cone (one of my favorite mic positions)
"MCone" = the middle of the cone, roughly between the cap and the cone edge
"CEdge" = the edge of the cone where it attaches to the suspension

The pack is attached to this post for you to download. Let me know if you're enjoying it, and of course, if you use it professionally, please share credit :) @FractalAudio, you have my permission to include these IRs in future firmwares if you like them.

Have fun!

Attachments

• Russ_Legear_FriedmanBE4x12_RoyerR10.zip
    259.1 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Happy So Excited GIF by Sherlock Gnomes

Hi everyone, I wanted to share a free cab pack. I was originally intending to sell this back in 2018, but life happened and my priorities shifted, and so I want to give this away to the community here since it's been so helpful for so many. I just exported all of these out of my Axe3 to import into my FM3, and figured it's time to share them with others as these have been my go-to for almost everything for a while now. I find them to be pretty versatile.

This cab pack is a series of UltraRes IRs I recorded back when I had a Royer R10 with my Friedman BE 4x12 with GBs on top and V30s on the bottom. I did multiple sets of each speaker at 0" (right on the grill), 1", 2", and 3". I also captured the cap, the cap edge, the middle of the cone, and the cone edge to add some more options. The IR gets expectedly darker as you move the mic outward. I also included some mixes I did in CabLab, though I've been mostly just using the base IRs and mixing in the Axe.

I'm a huge fan of the Royer R10 as it's a ribbon mic designed specifically for guitar cab micing, and has a bit of a blended 121 + SM57 sound to it that makes everything sound really good. You'll hear a more pronounced proximity effect on the 0" IRs, with it dropping off pretty quick after 1".

Here's how the naming works on the files:

"Cap" = right on the cap
"CapEdge" = On the edge of the cap where it attaches to the cone (one of my favorite mic positions)
"MCone" = the middle of the cone, roughly between the cap and the cone edge
"CEdge" = the edge of the cone where it attaches to the suspension

The pack is attached to this post for you to download. Let me know if you're enjoying it, and of course, if you use it professionally, please share credit :) @FractalAudio, you have my permission to include these IRs in future firmwares if you like them.

Have fun!

Hey, just thought I'd check and see how y'all are liking the cab pack!
Thanks for this, it sounds great. I'm really enjoying the non-close captures, they're very well balanced. Out of curiosity - if you don't mind sharing - what power amp did you use to shoot these?

Back
Top Bottom