Would love some feedback

GuyJames

Inspired
This is my rig I've been working on. 3 scenes acting like a 3 channel amp, with 2 reverb, 2 delays that are scene ignored so they can be swapped in and out and stay consistent across amp switching. 3 effects that are also scene ignored so it all feels like a traditional pedal board. Wah pedal and volume are configured with mission aero engineering pedal.

Pretty straight forward, I actually really like the Dirty Shirley factory preset so I didn't change a thing. I played with input boost, saturation and little tips and tricks I've learned recently but the stock factory preset still sounded better to me.

Included is a preset for SC and HB. For HB I just roll gain back a little more and add a little more low cut in places.

Would love feedback.

Attachments

• FM9-GJ Dirty Shirely (HB).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 54
  • FM9-GJ Dirty Shirely (SC).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 44
Sounds killer man! I'm using start through an EV PA speaker.
In wedge position it's just too much bottom-unless I'm on the bridge pickup then its fine.
Even when I put the EV up on a stand, it is still bottom heavy.
Like you said, a little tweaking and it is killer.
Love the Trem, very Hendrix like. Thanks for posting it

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I was experiencing a lot of low end rumble and put the qsc’s up on stands and it fixed it for me so I left the low end alone. Also when I use in ears it’s not a problem. It’s so hard to get the mix perfect for all monitor systems 😅

Sounds killer man! I'm using start through an EV PA speaker.
In wedge position it's just too much bottom-unless I'm on the bridge pickup then its fine.
Even when I put the EV up on a stand, it is still bottom heavy.
Like you said, a little tweaking and it is killer.
Love the Trem, very Hendrix like. Thanks for posting it
I’m also curious, what did you eq to get rid of the low end boom but retain the fundamental tone. I find drastic bass cuts suck the life out of a sound usually

The HB sounds good with a J.Custom. Genelec Monitors and Audeze LCD-2 headphones. I specially like the clean

I've reduced the Chorus Mix to 25% because it got too dispersed

Any reason to use two separate AMP blocks instead of different channels?

The HB sounds good with a J.Custom. Genelec Monitors and Audeze LCD-2 headphones. I specially like the clean

I've reduced the Chorus Mix to 25% because it got too dispersed

Any reason to use two separate AMP blocks instead of different channels?
Right on, the separate amp blocks give you “gapless switching”.

There’s still a slight artifact in the switch from clean to gain because the compressor switches from 100% to 50%. If it were left alone it would be perfect gapless. I could do the same thing with the comp as the amp to fix that but it’s not noticeable enough as the amp channel switching is so I let it go.

To be honest, in the spirit of tweaking tone endlessly, these two presets have
Changed a bit since originally shared. Let me know if you’d like my current presets.

I’ll give them a go,
Thanks
Pauly
Let me know! I played a with a little low cut in the input eq of each amp among a few other things a re-did my layout. Mind you, I'm using layout 6 (per preset).

Attachments

• FM9-GJ (PRS) Dirty Shirley.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 27
  • FM9-GJ (Tele) Dirty Shirley(2).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 25
  • FM9-GJ (Strat) Dirty Shirley(2).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Guy,

I smashed my hand while repairing a fence yesterday and cut up my fingers. Tried to play just now and it isn't gonna happen. Give me a few days to heal and I'll give them a shot. Thanks for this!
Pauly

Let me know! I played a with a little low cut in the input eq of each amp among a few other things a re-did my layout. Mind you, I'm using layout 6 (per preset).

Thanks Guy,

I smashed my hand while repairing a fence yesterday and cut up my fingers. Tried to play just now and it isn't gonna happen. Give me a few days to heal and I'll give them a shot. Thanks for this!
Pauly
That’s my worst nightmare bro

Thanks Guy,

Pauly

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon, Pauly.

Take care

Last edited:
I’m also curious, what did you eq to get rid of the low end boom but retain the fundamental tone. I find drastic bass cuts suck the life out of a sound usually
I am probably not the person to ask when it comes to this stuff. I create my presets for live use.

I first got rid of the Ultra Res cabs and used standard. ( I find if you're looking for that more "amp in the room" tone use standard)
Same with verbs and I sometimes low cut frequency on reverb to 250 Hz

I never cut low end out of the cabs. I only do my cuts in amp in the preamp settings page then, if I need even more maybe just slightly hit the Output Eq page. I am fairly new to this as well and learning but, I stopped using my studio monitors and headphones for it was a waste of time then have to go edit them to work through my live rig.

It really depends on what you plan on using your presets for. I try my best to create my presets at stage volume, so mine do not need to be so perfect.

Example: I took your preset and started messing around with it, I got a Hendrix vibe from it using my Stratocaster.
Now, I wouldn't normally use that setup with all the delays and so on but, hey it is something different and it would work live.
I will attach it here:

Attachments

• FM9-Hendrixyyyy.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 24
Hi Guy,

Thought I'd try to play a little today. I only got about 5 minutes in before I realised the wounds will open up if I continue, bugger it!
Having said that, the new version is way better in the bottom end. The first version had too much flab in the bottom end and this version seems to have cleaned it up nicely.
Probably wont really be able to listen closer for a week or so.

Thanks
Pauly

Playing with a Dual amp setup now. My gapless switching is gone now but the slight gap in switching makes up in the flexibility of dialing one amp slightly cleaner giving the overall sound more dyanmics I think. The gain is still there but I get a little more clarity. This is just the Strat SC I worked on.

Attachments

• GJ (Strat) Dirty Shirley Dual A.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 19
Playing with a Dual amp setup now. My gapless switching is gone now but the slight gap in switching makes up in the flexibility of dialing one amp slightly cleaner giving the overall sound more dyanmics I think. The gain is still there but I get a little more clarity. This is just the Strat SC I worked on.
Sounds great man. Question, do you know how to make a single guitar lead sound like 2 guitars playing it ?

Sounds great man. Question, do you know how to make a single guitar lead sound like 2 guitars playing it ?

You mean like double tracked? I’ve leon Todd reach that in a video but I don’t do it so I can’t recall where to look sorry
If I may...an enhance block followed by a 20 to 30ms delay in parallel. Or, a 11/7c pitch detune.

Here's LT for some extra thoughts...he describes the MIMIQ doubler pedal in this video...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom