Cooper Carter FM9 instructional video

sparkle

Inspired
So I bought the FM3 class…
Just got the FM9… is there enough “new” content to justify buying the FM9?

Or will there be alot of “same” info

Last edited:
CC visits the front panel towards the beginning of the course, and suggests that you learn how to handle cases where you might need to make some adjustments while away from your computer. Not knowing what the FM3 course is like, I'd say they're comparatively closely related regards topics.

CC was also running v. 4.0 beta 1 at the time of the video filming. There are minor differences regards what features are available now with v. 4.0 and beta 1, but as was said, CC doesn't mince words regards which version OS you've got currently.

Much of what you've learned on the FM3 will help you with the FM9. That said, the FM9 class covers a wealth of techniques not available to FM3 users for using multiple amps, maximizing the increased CPU, harnessing the expanded foot control and Inputs/Outputs, etc.

I do recommend taking both classes, but don't take my word for it! There are many, many students who have done both classes---they may chime in here---and there is a discount available to existing students to account for the overlap.

Much of what you've learned on the FM3 will help you with the FM9. That said, the FM9 class covers a wealth of techniques not available to FM3 users for using multiple amps, maximizing the increased CPU, harnessing the expanded foot control and Inputs/Outputs, etc.

I do recommend taking both classes, but don't take my word for it! There are many, many students who have done both classes---they may chime in here---and there is a discount available to existing students to account for the overlap.
Thanks

I got the af3 class first. I got the fm9 class next, even though I worried it might not be helpful. It is very helpful. He adds in fundamental fractal knowledge throughout these classes that are not just specific to each unit that really helped me. For example getting around the basic editor interfaces, or the front panel. You can pick and choose what sections are most important to you at the moment, but you may find yourself going through them all. Great stuff.

Great.
Done the Axe III master class, how do I get the discount on the FM9 course? doesn't show when go to purchase. Is there a code?

Just another question on this if you're new to the fm9 and didn't take the FM 3 course does the fm9 course work good for first-timers that don't know anything about the unit. In other terms is it good for dummies like me?

Each course starts with the basics and progresses to more advanced topics in a logical progression. The courses all follow the same basic structure and mainly only vary in content to cover the differences related to each specific modeler. So just select the course that goes with your modeler and Cooper will take you from a novice to an experienced user.

Loving the class. I instantly swapped to the OFM9G layouts as soon as those were explained. That much more closely fits my use (especially because I am not much of a tap tempo user).

Make the most of your investment in your Fractal unit and take Cooper Carter's course. I just went through the AXE-FX III course...wow!
His guidance is detailed, comprehensive, and highly creative. My songwriting production has been transformed. I knew the unit had great sounds but by the end of the course you really begin to see its full potential. You design presets with Cooper and then you can download his versions of them...presets he uses on world class rigs...that alone is worth the price. Thanks Cooper!

Back
Top Bottom