AFIII New prog/fusion album out ft. Michael Manring

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
Last weekend my new album "Juvenile Fish Tales" was released on Subcontinental Records from India. First Bandcamp and physical CD and later Spotify and other streaming. I play guitar, bass and sitar. Very proud that my famous bass hero Michael Manring is a guest on the album, doing a very nice fretless bass part and Ebow solo. Also four different drummers and some other guests. It's an instrumental concept album about fish.

Lot of Axe fx II and III used on the guitars and some of the basses. Hope you like it! Let me know if you will. Best Wishes, Barend Tromp

Last edited:
As always Bodde ...this is yet another outstanding work of art!
Your work is truly inspiring!
Thank you for sharing this refreshingly creative masterpiece.

G
Last weekend my new album "Juvenile Fish Tales" was released on Subcontinental Records from India. First Bandcamp and physical CD and later Spotify and other streaming. I play guitar, bass and sitar. Very proud that my famous bass hero Michael Manring is a guest on the album, doing a very nice fretless bass part and Ebow solo. Also four different drummers and some other guests. It's an instrumental concept album about fish.

Lot of Axe fx II and III used on the guitars and some of the basses. Hope you like it! Let me know if you will. Best Wishes, Barend Tromp

“Lord of the Fishes”, wow…love! Great driving, power groove, love the bass lines! And the harmonic/Edge riff starting at 3:37, that’s pretty incredible…how was that accomplished?

Track 1, “Narcomedusae”, good grief that bass line is fantastic…wow!

I’ve heard enough, purchased on Bandcamp! Congrats on an outstanding album!

I'm 4 tracks in so far and really enjoying it.

Great grooves and lots of cool musical ideas and sounds! And the playing is great as well :)

Edit:

Is Adrian Belew an influence at all?

G

“Lord of the Fishes”, wow…love! Great driving, power groove, love the bass lines! And the harmonic/Edge riff starting at 3:37, that’s pretty incredible…how was that accomplished?

Track 1, “Narcomedusae”, good grief that bass line is fantastic…wow!

I’ve heard enough, purchased on Bandcamp! Congrats on an outstanding album!

Thanks. That comment made my day! :)
I always have to think how I did partical things cause most thing come in the flow of the moment. The harmonics at 3:37: I think I did it with a pitch shifted delay going into another delay. Thanks for the purchase!

Are you using the Arpeggiator in Lord of The Fishes for those fast phrases?

Thanks for the comments. I also had to think about that one. It is not an arpeggiator. It was done with cross string tapping. I think I also run through an octave up pitch shifter, but not totally sure about that anymore.

And yes I really like Belew, Fripp, Trey Gunn and everything Crimson related. But also 70's fusion/jazzrock like Mahavishnu, Brand X, Weather Report and Stanley Clarke etc. and much more! I still discover some new stuff every week.

Thanks. That comment made my day! :)
I always have to think how I did partical things cause most thing come in the flow of the moment. The harmonics at 3:37: I think I did it with a pitch shifted delay going into another delay. Thanks for the purchase!
Can't agree more with literally having to relearn how I played various parts on songs...and not always successfully! And even though I have all the tracks, I sometimes wonder "how'd I do that!?"

Thanks for the comments. I also had to think about that one. It is not an arpeggiator. It was done with cross string tapping. I think I also run through an octave up pitch shifter, but not totally sure about that anymore.

And yes I really like Belew, Fripp, Trey Gunn and everything Crimson related. But also 70's fusion/jazzrock like Mahavishnu, Brand X, Weather Report and Stanley Clarke etc. and much more! I still discover some new stuff every week.
Whatever the method, it's really cool sounding.

I think where I here Belew most is in the sounds you've come up with that aren't "typical" guitar player tones. In the most positive way!

Any chance the album will end up on iTunes?

Sounds amazing, is it going to be available in Apple Music, I could not find it yesterday. All the best!

WOW! incredible. Sounds like something that Ozric Tentacles might have released. Great groove! The Bass is out of this world. Applause x 1000!

Back
Top Bottom