December 25th - Gift of Tone - Metallica’s Live Preset?

Metallica have been notoriously secretive about their settings forever. But, never say never! Would certainly be cool.

I was in a music store the other day and a man about my age (59) was talking to an employee about having picked up a Line6 PODxt off craigslist and how it he had never heard anything so good. The employee caught my head turn and look and bit his lip.
As my son told me and his mom on his 8th Christmas as he threw down the Toys'-R-Us catalog..."why should I ask for anything when other kids have nothing?" We held the tears till he left the room.
I'm pretty sure that if Cliff and FAS gave us much more we'd just put our eye out with it! So, every time you add to the Wish List or hint for more, remember there is a guy in East TN who is over the moon playing a Podxt hooked to his Peavey Rage!

A Metallica gift of tone would be awesome!! My wishlist would be:
Rhythm scenes for “early days” up to Ride, MoP, Justice, Black album, Current sound.
Lead scenes for “early days”, MoP, Black album and newer.

Somehow I find Kirks sound less distinctive than Hetfields. Maybe Not the right description but to my ears Kirks lead sound did not change so drastically over the later albums.

Edit: for me a "bedroom warrior" preset would even be better than a Live preset! Guess there are way more guitarists that just (try to) play along with records at home than that are guitarist that play Metallica songs Live.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t that be one heck of a Christmas present? While Metallica’s preset might not be a Christmas present for everyone, it would speak to the enormity of the concept of “The Gift of Tone” for one of the top A-Listers to gift it. Phil Collen giving his gave me the idea that maybe Christmas Day would be a big one. Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe it’s just “another” preset.

Either that or John Mayer.

Who/what else could be the Christmas Day Gift of Tone?
I was hoping for Little Wayne

I don't think Metallica would "compromise" their tone, which involves sharing their custom IRs as well... but it would be super cool if they did!
Its really cool we already got a Phil and Devin preset. Hoping for a Ghost preset next :)

I’d vote for a Guthrie Govan preset... but I still won’t be able to play like him.

Although I haven’t auditioned them yet, because I’m still on firmware 20.04 and recording my own music now... I’d like to thank FAS and all who contributed their tones with us.

Same!Here’s hoping. 🤞

You seem to be under the impression that the best or biggest will be saved for last. From the very beginning, they're ALL giants, and some of the biggest will up next, in what will be the middle. In fact, with even more great stuff lined up, we're now extending the run almost until New Year's.

You seem to be under the impression that the best or biggest will be saved for last. From the very beginning, they're ALL giants, and some of the biggest will up next, in what will be the middle. In fact, with even more great stuff lined up, we're now extending the run almost until New Year's.

It's a Christmas miracle!!! :) WOW! Thank you so much FAS. I agree that while all the names might not be "top" artists for me personally, I have enjoyed all the gifts and many have greatly impressed me. Every G.O.T. has been excellent.

I can imagine a Metallica preset with these scenes:
1. Kill em
2. Cliff em
3. Anesthesia Bass
4. Waaaaaaaahhhh solo
5. Sanitarium clean
6. Master of puppets
7. Blackened
8. Justice for Jason (aka: the bass that should be there)

Back
Top Bottom