Wish Marshall DSL 100

They’ve definitely modeled worse sounding amps. I think the DSL doesnt get the same love in the guitar community because they aren’t rare and therefore, are comparatively cheap to amps that aren’t nearly as versatile and dont sound as good.

DSL 100 or the TSL 100. We sold so many of those and it the DSL was the most requested Marshall amp with our back line biz, not one JVM was ever requested. I have tried to get the sound of those amps without much luck and would be a happy camper if at least the DSL could be added. I use to live on the second channel on my TSL and this amp was one of the good ones. We fixed the week points on the board and the foot switch and once that amp got warmed up it was in a very happy place. FWIW when the JVM amp came out we all hated it plus sales dropped

There is the jvm satriani model that covers almost every Marshall sound and 10 times better than jcm2000... People think that is just a jvm with Joe sign on it but it s a completely different amp. Check it online.

There is the jvm satriani model that covers almost every Marshall sound and 10 times better than jcm2000... People think that is just a jvm with Joe sign on it but it s a completely different amp. Check it online.
I was just going to say that
The Joe is much less gainy
The Crunch and orange would probably get very close

An old-school JCM2000 DSL in the Axe-Fx would be sweet
I’ve got a fully stock one from 1997 and a shipping box of Cliff ever wants it.

I just A/B’ed the 2000 and every mode on the JS JVM and standard JVM, and couldn’t get any of them in the ballpark. The JS is really muffled in the top end compared to the 2000 and has very honky mids and sounds much “boxier” overall. The 2000 also has more low end than any of those models.

I was just going to say that
The Joe is much less gainy
The Crunch and orange would probably get very close
The closest model I found was the Friedman BE C45 with the preamp high cut turned up to 16k. The model’s depth and bass on 10 is like the 2000 Deep switch ON and bass rolled down to 4. The 2000 Lead 1 gain on 5 is close to the model’s gain on 7. Also, setting the model’s Supply Sag up a bit helps then to feel more similar.

The 2000 still has more “snarl” in the upper mids, but the BE C45 is as close as I could get without going through different tonestacks.

I’ve got a fully stock one from 1997 and a shipping box of Cliff ever wants it.

I just A/B’ed the 2000 and every mode on the JS JVM and standard JVM, and couldn’t get any of them in the ballpark. The JS is really muffled in the top end compared to the 2000 and has very honky mids and sounds much “boxier” overall. The 2000 also has more low end than any of those models.

The closest model I found was the Friedman BE C45 with the preamp high cut turned up to 16k. The model’s depth and bass on 10 is like the 2000 Deep switch ON and bass rolled down to 4. The 2000 Lead 1 gain on 5 is close to the model’s gain on 7. Also, setting the model’s Supply Sag up a bit helps then to feel more similar.

The 2000 still has more “snarl” in the upper mids, but the BE C45 is as close as I could get without going through different tonestacks.
If York couldn't get it in the ballpark, I may be way off.

But FWIW, I felt that I got close enough to the pushed od 1 mode with the Brit 800 #34.

This was several years back when my stock 1998 JCM 2000 was out of commission for awhile and I missed it.

The 2000 was an awesome amp.

If York couldn't get it in the ballpark, I may be way off.

But FWIW, I felt that I got close enough to the pushed od 1 mode with the Brit 800 #34.

This was several years back when my stock 1998 JCM 2000 was out of commission for awhile and I missed it.

The 2000 was an awesome amp.
With the latest firmware, I’ve actually gotten a lot closer to my JCM 2000 with the Spawn Nitrous model. Try running the Depth between 0-1 and don’t be afraid to set Bass a bit lower since that amp has a TON of low end.

With the latest firmware, I’ve actually gotten a lot closer to my JCM 2000 with the Spawn Nitrous model. Try running the Depth between 0-1 and don’t be afraid to set Bass a bit lower since that amp has a TON of low end.
That actually sounds pretty good
I know you may not be in the Gift of tone series ( be super awesome if you were though)
But I would love to see a couple of your presets or as others have mention a dialing in YouTube video , you have posted some great matches like The Soldano Avenger , DSL etc

That actually sounds pretty good
I know you may not be in the Gift of tone series ( be super awesome if you were though)
But I would love to see a couple of your presets or as others have mention a dialing in YouTube video , you have posted some great matches like The Soldano Avenger , DSL etc
I’d keep an eye on the Gift of Tone forum section today. ;)

Yes please! Crunch side!
Absolutely! In my perfect world, we’d have models for Lead 1/Lead 2 modes and Clean/Crunch modes where the Depth control at 10 emulates the Deep switch ON and Depth at zero emulates the Deep switch OFF.

I love the Crunch mode with the Deep switch ON, and the Clean mode is surprisingly good with the Deep switch OFF.

It’s easily the most diverse amp Marshall has ever made. And IMO, they haven’t put out anything comparable since then.

Back
Top Bottom