FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that worked for booting with b4. Once it was up and running I was able to switch between all my standard presets, but it seems like it doesn't like my 4 cable method presets with multiple in and out blocks. When I try to switch to one of those it locks up again and I get the following error in FM3 Edit

View attachment 111256

Rebooted again and tried another of my 4cm presets and same thing. Once I attempt to load one of these and get the error, the unit becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot in order to get it working again. These presets work on all previous versions including b3 with no issue. Example preset attached for troubleshooting
Thanks for the preset. I can reproduce it. I'll post back what I find.
I am getting the same lock up when choosing an older preset. In my case is it is a simple bass preset with an In 1 and Out 1, no 4 cable method involved. I rolled back to b3 and was able to select this "bad" preset but lost a few of the recently created b4 presets. Reloaded b4 and I am currently just working around the bass preset by recreating it. I can choose several older presets and get the same lock up, some are a least a few years old and some were probably from a few months ago. I tried a few things like reimporting the preset and moving it to another location but no success. I have attached the preset and the same error that Arcalaus is getting.

Attachments

• GW SV Bass.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 12.54.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 12.54.46 PM.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 23
FYI - while running beta 4, I was editing an older preset in FM3-Edit ( latest beta version as well) and all of a sudden unit locked up and began to issue high pitched electronic squeal in my headphones. Unit frozen, did not respond to FP controls, so did reboot (with power cable disconnected), tried it again, same thing. I was also running the looper to set levels with preset leveling tool. Was not using Klone pedal model, using Bender fuzz pedal model.

I have loaded beta 3, it now does not seem to be malfunctioning so far going through the same procedure.

Last edited:
Good evening... today I played live with my fm3 and I have a preset with an octave forest and I noticed a detail, that when I play an f# it sounds completely out of tune it doesn't make an octave but all the other notes do sound good...I tried in all the positions of the fingerboard and it sounds the same and just a song that I played has that note and it sounded horrible hahahaha the second part has to be played with an effect without an octaver, I restarted the block and nothing with the b3 it worked fine .

I don't know if anyone has noticed this detail thank you very much.

Got the ‘Squeal freeze’ when I changed to a Clon with pedal down & drive on 10! Changed drive to 5, then changed to Clon now with no problems even then putting it back on 10.

FW 6 beta 4- Loving the feel and sound-makes me loose track of time playing!

Good evening... today I played live with my fm3 and I have a preset with an octave forest and I noticed a detail, that when I play an f# it sounds completely out of tune it doesn't make an octave but all the other notes do sound good...I tried in all the positions of the fingerboard and it sounds the same and just a song that I played has that note and it sounded horrible hahahaha the second part has to be played with an effect without an octaver, I restarted the block and nothing with the b3 it worked fine .

I don't know if anyone has noticed this detail thank you very much.
No sé molesten ..ya lo solucione jajaja había que modificar la escala, por alguna razón al actualizar se cambió... gracias

I did three one-hour sets with the FM3/FC6 and this beta on Friday and didn't have any issues; it was the first time I've brought out the FM3 to a gig (have been using the FM9 since live shows resumed here early spring of this year). Sounded and felt awesome; several players, and the soundman, all expressed interest in the device since they were liking what they heard.

I'm really digging this latest Cygnus modelling; I auditioned every amp in the box today and made a couple of new discoveries, and can say that the unique differences in sound and feel among the amps are distinct like never before...and overall accuracy has definitely been enhanced.

Some of the Fender amps now really exhibit that ratty, farty, kind of nasty sound some old real Fenders have, same with many of the Marshalls....I've never heard some of these 'artifacts' as apparent as they are now. In many ways, the objectionable things that drove you nuts with the real amps (particularly anything pre-80's roughly) are replicated here at a deeper level. This is very cool indeed....it's what I'm used to with them.

It seems like the III, FM3, and FM9 are will be aligning to have the firmwares in sync with each other; this will be very useful for me as I'd really like to have the FM3 and FM9 running the same versions. Makes like easier and...complete heh.

Last edited:
New guy in forum, and new guy with Fractal. I have had Helix LT, Helix PodGo, Kemper, Hughnes&Kettner ( list goes on ).
For me there is no best modelling- unit. I have had any of those quite good for my ears. Anyway, Fractal is the easiest unit to get good tones, and is is very, very good with "feel in my fingers" ( my english is not the best ). But, back to the topic:

Updated Beta4, and have been messing around with it without any problems. One thing i noticed, that with high-gain presets, upper registry is much more present, and i had to make couple adjustments for taking them back where i like them to be. Good job Fractal Audio, im almost angry for my self why i haven't bought this product before..

I am getting the same lock up when choosing an older preset. In my case is it is a simple bass preset with an In 1 and Out 1, no 4 cable method involved. I rolled back to b3 and was able to select this "bad" preset but lost a few of the recently created b4 presets. Reloaded b4 and I am currently just working around the bass preset by recreating it. I can choose several older presets and get the same lock up, some are a least a few years old and some were probably from a few months ago. I tried a few things like reimporting the preset and moving it to another location but no success. I have attached the preset and the same error that Arcalaus is getting.
Thanks for the preset. I'll take a look.

The only issue I’ve had with beta 4 is sonic awesomeness! No issues with FM3 Edit either. My biggest “Thank You’s” are Cygnus-X2 and moving the CPU threshold back a touch. Can’t wait for the final release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom