FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critical listening last night.
driven amps are incredible sensitive to volume knob on guitar.
awesome
not sure if I am imagining or not.
feels like more resolution
harmonic content is incredibly rich
a pleasure to play

Ok, that worked for booting with b4. Once it was up and running I was able to switch between all my standard presets, but it seems like it doesn't like my 4 cable method presets with multiple in and out blocks. When I try to switch to one of those it locks up again and I get the following error in FM3 Edit

View attachment 111256

Rebooted again and tried another of my 4cm presets and same thing. Once I attempt to load one of these and get the error, the unit becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot in order to get it working again. These presets work on all previous versions including b3 with no issue. Example preset attached for troubleshooting
Thanks for the preset. I can reproduce it. I'll post back what I find.

Critical listening last night.
driven amps are incredible sensitive to volume knob on guitar.
awesome
not sure if I am imagining or not.
feels like more resolution
harmonic content is incredibly rich
a pleasure to play
I have experienced the same on all counts. One area I felt modeling lacked, including the Fractal was the responsiveness in the modeled amp to external volume. This has been improved so dramatically that it feels like playing through my real tube amps now. I didn't really have any complaints about my Fractal as it serves so many needs. However, this latest update has been a game changer!

Just when I think modeling can't possibly get any better Cygnus X-2 proves me wrong yet again!

Ok, that worked for booting with b4. Once it was up and running I was able to switch between all my standard presets, but it seems like it doesn't like my 4 cable method presets with multiple in and out blocks. When I try to switch to one of those it locks up again and I get the following error in FM3 Edit

View attachment 111256

Rebooted again and tried another of my 4cm presets and same thing. Once I attempt to load one of these and get the error, the unit becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot in order to get it working again. These presets work on all previous versions including b3 with no issue. Example preset attached for troubleshooting
I would like to commend @Arcalaus for his methodical troubleshooting and getting to the crux without too much confusion. I think I have seen some others mention this 4cable issue. Hopefully @rglr can solve it through the preset. Not trying to pick a fight with any others, but it seems like @Arcalaus remained persistent without getting flustered. That’s all.

I would like to commend @Arcalaus for his methodical troubleshooting and getting to the crux without too much confusion. I think I have seen some others mention this 4cable issue. Hopefully @rglr can solve it through the preset. Not trying to pick a fight with any others, but it seems like @Arcalaus remained persistent without getting flustered. That’s all.
It was a bit of a process, loading the different versions, waiting to reboot, replicating the problem, starting over...

It helps that I used to work in tech support for a software company, I have a little experience giving devs what they need to replicate and troubleshoot. Big ups to the FAS team for the hard work and support always!

Got another or 2 bug/s here with update 6 beta 4.
I plugged it in via USB and it immediately all switches started blinking (See Video attachment in ZIP file).
Also the first switch keeps its state as it were been long pressed (See image).
20221117_204450.jpg

Both issues were gone after rebooting the FM3.

Attachments

• 20221117_204230 Kopie.mp4.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
If your preset is running above 80% the solution is to reduce CPU usage. If it is running below 80% attach it here and I can take a look.
This was the preset that was selected at that time (nothing very special - CPU about 60%).
But I have to say that I was not editing the preset it self, I just opened the song list editor at that time.

Attachments

• SUPER ROCK copy.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
It was a bit of a process, loading the different versions, waiting to reboot, replicating the problem, starting over...
Yep…that’s beta testing.👍 Same here in regards to experience…I hope @rglr and the excellent FAS team can track down the issue.

Not sure if I had read this yet, but have you tried to build a 4 cable preset from scratch and see how it behaves?
Edit:
Under the new Firmware.😀

Yep…that’s beta testing.👍 Same here in regards to experience…I hope @rglr and the excellent FAS team can track down the issue.

Not sure if I had read this yet, but have you tried to build a 4 cable preset from scratch and see how it behaves?
Edit:
Under the new Firmware.😀
Haven't tried that yet but not a bad idea. I'll give it a go later and see what happens!

Well people are right: that horsie pedal has something going on. I always thought is was more buzz than anything else but it does have its mojo.

Well people are right: that horsie pedal has something going on. I always thought is was more buzz than anything else but it does have its mojo.
I didn't know they modelled the Bad Horsie wah.... oh wait, you mean the other Horsie.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Just jumped in the V6 Beta bandwagon. Love it!

No issue at all other than a bit of level adjustments needed over my presets and scenes, but minimal. Love the new tuner behavior... smoooth...

Can't wait for the new improved Looper block, eventually... ;)

It’s a cpu hog but that’s ok. I’m dropping the input with the GEQ. Makes it closer to my Tumnus Deluxe on the low setting with the gain down. Right now it’s my fav drive. It would be awesome if FAS could put a Horsie boost in the amp block.

Last edited:
Only issue I've found is in the editor.
Delay isn't showing parameters for each preset.
Editor takes about 30sec to boot up before loading presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom