FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, sorry for my English.
I'm back to beta 3.
I perceive a big difference in sound in beta 4 but worse, the high end is more distorted and sharp, in beta 3 the sound is rounder and with a more pleasant high end.
This feature seems to be common to all amps.
I will try the next betas to see how the sound is definitely.

First of all, sorry for my English.
I'm back to beta 3.
I perceive a big difference in sound in beta 4 but worse, the high end is more distorted and sharp, in beta 3 the sound is rounder and with a more pleasant high end.
This feature seems to be common to all amps.
I will try the next betas to see how the sound is definitely.
Did you do the refresh after new firmware ?

Yes, and I have also reset the amp block.
In the Ax fx iii Beta 8 forum there is a user who comments something similar:
I rolled back to Beta 7 last night and feel like it's smoother on the top end, and has more lows and low/mids. It was an immediate "Ahhhhhh, that's so nice" feeling. I need to go back to 8 again and do a proper comparison though to be sure. Something is just felt off with beta 8 to my ears.

Yes, and I have also reset the amp block.
In the Ax fx iii Beta 8 forum there is a user who comments something similar:
I rolled back to Beta 7 last night and feel like it's smoother on the top end, and has more lows and low/mids. It was an immediate "Ahhhhhh, that's so nice" feeling. I need to go back to 8 again and do a proper comparison though to be sure. Something is just felt off with beta 8 to my ears.
I think his might have been speaker drive as in 7 Cliff cut it down by 50% I believe , try reducing your speaker drive if it is on 3 try 1.5

I also have the issue of frozen on the boot screen after update. Tried the recovery process from p.105 and reinstalled the b4 update, same issue on second attempt. Rolling back to b2 now...

i did not experience a frozen unit on update. the preset it landed on after boot was around 80%, no issues.

created a new preset from scratch with various blocks and channels. played through for over an hour, no issues.

I think his might have been speaker drive as in 7 Cliff cut it down by 50% I believe , try reducing your speaker drive if it is on 3 try 1.5
I think this is the speaker drive as well as I don't feel I have to cranks as much.
But if you want to soften the highs then either switch the speaker break up to soft and keep the speaker drive at lower values to retain dynamics. Or keep speaker break up at medium and raise the speaker drive to soften and compress the dynamics

I'm not sure of the 5153 blue 50 watt was one of the amps that hadn't been verified but it sounds great in this version as previous version it seemed a little fuzzy similar to the diesel issue.

I did have a couple weird things showing in Fm3 in the speaker tab. I changed impedance curve to 5153 and the curve was really weird like nothing I had seen before couldn't replicate it.
Also the speaker compliance was set to 70% after I changed to 5153 amp. Once I changed again it went back to 50%.

I installed firmware first then the new Fm3 update which when runs first will read the blocks in (I'm not sure if that is the same as a refresh after firmware but it is what I normally do)

I'll refresh again when I get more time.

Sounding great as always

I also have the issue of frozen on the boot screen after update. Tried the recovery process from p.105 and reinstalled the b4 update, same issue on second attempt. Rolling back to b2 now...
Are you able to resolve this issue? If you're able to install b2 then you should be able to install b4 or b5.

Are you able to resolve this issue? If you're able to install b2 then you should be able to install b4 or b5.
I was able to boot into recovery mode and reinstall beta 2, unit loaded with no issue at that point. But when I then attempted to reinstall b4 afterward I got the frozen boot screen again. Currently back on b2 for the time being. I didn't see a b5 anywhere, is there one available?

I was able to boot into recovery mode and reinstall beta 2, unit loaded with no issue at that point. But when I then attempted to reinstall b4 afterward I got the frozen boot screen again. Currently back on b2 for the time being. I didn't see a b5 anywhere, is there one available?
No, you're right there's no b5. (brain cramp) Are you able to install b3?
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/6p0/fm3_dsp_rel_6p00_beta_3.zip
Can you provide more details on the installation?
Does the transfer progress complete successfully?
Does the write to flash complete successfully?
Do you get the green text stating the update was successful and telling you to power cycle the unit?
Are you using a stand-alone Fractal Bot to install or installing via the FM3-Edit Fractal Bot?

No, you're right there's no b5. (brain cramp) Are you able to install b3?
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/6p0/fm3_dsp_rel_6p00_beta_3.zip
Can you provide more details on the installation?
Does the transfer progress complete successfully?
Does the write to flash complete successfully?
Do you get the green text stating the update was successful and telling you to power cycle the unit?
Are you using a stand-alone Fractal Bot to install or installing via the FM3-Edit Fractal Bot?
I was just now able to install b3 with no issue. b4 still gives me the same problem:

Standalone fractal-bot
Transfer and flash successful, I get the green text telling me to cycle power.
After power cycle, the boot screen status bar gets to 100% and then freezes. I left it at that point for about 10 minutes and no change.
Pic attached.

20221116_153921.jpg

I was just now able to install b3 with no issue. b4 still gives me the same problem:

Standalone fractal-bot
Transfer and flash successful, I get the green text telling me to cycle power.
After power cycle, the boot screen status bar gets to 100% and then freezes. I left it at that point for about 10 minutes and no change.
Pic attached.
With b4 installed boot up holding the HOME and EDIT keys down. There may be an issue with the current preset that b4 doesn't like.

It funny no one is commenting on the DZL herb MK3 , I thought it was pretty cool
It's great. I still overall prefer VH4 silver 3 to all the diezel sims, for high gain uses, but the new Herbert is great too. I still like the Herbert MK1 3rd channel sim though. No longer like a fuzz pedal. They fixed it. It's true that it can sound over-compressed for some uses, but I enjoy playing through it with presence cranked.

With b4 installed boot up holding the HOME and EDIT keys down. There may be an issue with the current preset that b4 doesn't like.
Ok, that worked for booting with b4. Once it was up and running I was able to switch between all my standard presets, but it seems like it doesn't like my 4 cable method presets with multiple in and out blocks. When I try to switch to one of those it locks up again and I get the following error in FM3 Edit

1668669448258.png

Rebooted again and tried another of my 4cm presets and same thing. Once I attempt to load one of these and get the error, the unit becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot in order to get it working again. These presets work on all previous versions including b3 with no issue. Example preset attached for troubleshooting

Attachments

• Victory 4CM.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom