FM9 Turbo Pitch Block

virtual capo doesent work . everytime i try to use the pitch block and try to detune , there are so many overtones , of wich i can't get rid of. i watched todd and carter doing detunes , did exactly how they do, but still i can't get a clear tone out of it. guitar is mm jp15 and fm9. can somebody give me advice ? thx in advance.

virtual capo doesent work . everytime i try to use the pitch block and try to detune , there are so many overtones , of wich i can't get rid of. i watched todd and carter doing detunes , did exactly how they do, but still i can't get a clear tone out of it. guitar is mm jp15 and fm9. can somebody give me advice ? thx in advance.
Post a preset, or at least a screenshot of the grid and the settings on the main page of the pitch block.

How did you record that? I think you're hearing the acoustic sound of the guitar along with the processed sound. Have you tried turning up loud? Have you tried with headphones?

my guitar is as loud as always when i play normal. i had this problem when i played with the old fx II also
That doesn't mean anything to us. We don't know how loud "normal" is to you...

i play at home now with the 2 frfr headrush 108. at low level (neighbours )
do i have to " pump up the volume " in the rehearsal room ? and no, i didn't try with headphones

Attachments

• pitch 4.jpg
    pitch 4.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That’s the problem. You can hear your un-pitch-shifted guitar along with your pitch-shifted guitar signal. Those two sounds are out of tune with each other, by definition.

wow that's strange , the sample sounds allright but when i play, it comes out of the speakers completely different.:oops:
That’s because, when you play back the recording, there’s no un-pitch-shifter guitar playing along. :)

it works with a much louder volume on output 1. the overtones are gone like this . but have to look for new neighbours :p

I suspect the limitation on the number of pitch blocks may be related to the pitch detector and not the CPU of the block itself... I could be completely wrong, though :)
Doesn't the FM9 have the same pitch detector as the AxeFX III though?

Edit: Hmm. Maybe not? "Based on" doesn't mean it's identical I guess. Is there different hardware for pitch detection?
  • Improvement: Pitch Block and Pitch Follower use new pitch detection based on Axe-Fx III

Last edited:
I feel this way sometimes, but I started to realize how insanely complicated it would get when it comes to external controllers, MIDI, scene controllers, etc. For instance, in the MIDI menu, you can assign a CC# to the bypass state for any of the available blocks. That list would be 10x bigger if they had to plan for the one guy that wants nothing but 16 Drive blocks or whatever lol.
You probably just need to move the assignments to the actual block's parameters. Have a "controllers" page, for instance.

Why? [not addressed to me]
If you come from an Axe-Fx II, pay more for an FM9 11 years later, you don't expect to have less options in this way. It was surprising for me too, as I didn't compare this well enough.
Sure, the higher price now includes switches, better firmware, "more" in general, but still... you don't expect to go downwards with a new-gen product 11 years later, even if it is only the second tier product. IOW, I would hope that even a 2nd-tier product of the next gen would beat an early Axe-Fx II version on most aspects — we're ±11(! *) years later after all. I'm getting repetitive here... :p

OTOH, I am of course understanding there have to be differences, and it's not a deal breaker for me. I am happy there is more of other blocks, and that (AFAIK) crystals can also be gotten from the reverb block. It's not a bad compromise at all.

The better capo shifter is also to blame so to speak, cos you then want to do more with that, like add detuning, and (maybe) you can't do that...

I'm not unhappy at all, but I understand it's a deal breaker for some others who are more into pitch shifter sounds.

* Oops... ±11 years is how long I've waited to buy the next gen, not how long it took to come out after gen II, although for the FM9T it kind of is literally true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom