Speaker Impedance Curve Description

Darrin66

Inspired
Are the SIC’s documented anywhere? I’m using an OH G12H30 4x12 IR and I’d like to match the SIC in the Amp block. One of the available curves is Basketweave, but there are a bunch of Basketweave cab IR’s. One is a H30 but there are also other greenbacks. I poked around a bit, sorry if this is common knowledge.

Not to my knowledge, but i could be wrong.
If i use a G12H speaker i just use the G12H SIC that sounds the best, and one of the G12H/Basketweave/Greenback will sound the best.
Edit: I really dig the 2x12 65 Bassguy SIC with Greenbacks, give it a try, its more neutral.

I have a question. Why does the description of the SIC’s in Wiki mention the cab (4x12)? Is that because the measurements were taken by plugging into a 4x12 and using all 4 speakers instead of 1? Cab response/frequency simulation is done/added in the IR, correct? Asking because I have a single pre role G12H30 that sounds great and I’d probably pick up this hardware and generate the curve. But then Cliff would have to agree to add it though, so there’s no guarantee that it would make it into the unit, if he didn’t like it/etc, correct?

I have a question. Why does the description of the SIC’s in Wiki mention the cab (4x12)? Is that because the measurements were taken by plugging into a 4x12 and using all 4 speakers instead of 1? Cab response/frequency simulation is done/added in the IR, correct? Asking because I have a single pre role G12H30 that sounds great and I’d probably pick up this hardware and generate the curve. But then Cliff would have to agree to add it though, so there’s no guarantee that it would make it into the unit, if he didn’t like it/etc, correct?
Correct

Back
Top Bottom