Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I thought maybe there were speakers in there, too... Slick anyway!
I did a similar case to hold my older AX8 pedalboard and installed a FRFR powered monitor inside so that it would act like a normal stage amp and keep some guitar sound on the stage. But after a few months I realized that I wasn't using it and relied on the IEMs 100%. So this time I allocated the space to the FC6 pedalboard, cables, fan, wireless packs and all of the stuff that I need to bring to a gig. So far so good.

IMG_0279.JPG

Total overkill rig in my home studio live room just at the moment while I compare MF10s, Fearful F115/Matrix GT1000, and RCF 732s with each other. I think with all all going at the same time there's the potential for in excess of 2kW RMS. I'm clearly not about to do that! Pretty sure MF10s have won outright. F115 will be used for bass guitar duties from now, and RCFs will continue to look after vocals and drums.

Leaves me with the question of what the Axe FX rack is going to sit in when on stage, and whether I house it in the same rack as the PA mixer.

So I have a Axe FX3, FC12 and expression pedal, and I'm looking for the most lightweight package and easiest way to transport all of this gear in one trip for rehearsals and gigs that I'm using the mains for and don't need my amp. The main load out would be all of the above plus one of my basses in a gig bag.

Couple of ideas I have:
  • Find a giant backpack that can hold the axe FX3 in a gator retro rack in the main compartment, carry bass gig bag in one hand and bag with FC12, pedal and other misc stuff in other hand.
  • Get a dual gig bag like the mono M80, put the bass in one compartment and FC12/pedal in the other. Get a regular 3u rack for the axe FX 3 and carry with hands or potentially a roller rack
  • comprehensive but expensive: get a custom pelican rack that holds everything, bass in gig bag on back: https://www.circlethreedesigns.com/shop/fly-racks/aluminum-fly-racks
  • I don't know if this exists, but get a roller 3U rack for the axe FX3 and find some way to attach a case with an FC12 to that. Surprised this isn't a standard feature. Sort of a more complex but cheaper version of the circle 3 designs above. Bass in gig bag on back
    • Alternate of this would be 3u roller rack just for axe FX, and them maybe get something like the slip cover bag that holds the FC12 plus accessories and carry one in each hand
I'm sure others have encountered this and come up with some creative ideas for transport.

@haloll I have the Axe-FX III mounted in a 4u rack case and I have an FC-6 / 3x EV-1 mounted to a Temple Audio Duo 34 board. I put the board into the Temple Audio carry bag. I load everything (including a guitar) on a On-Stage UTC2200 utility cart.

These days I use an FM9 which saves a ton of weight and doesn't require the cart.

How I'm rolling at the moment.
Axe model scenes & all tube scenes, all kinds of fun stuff, running the loadbox to PC212 and DI back into AFX3 for FRFR/FOH.

Attachments

• 20221027_142328.jpg
    20221027_142328.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
Figured someone would say that but we play aggressive music and ya never know when someone will run up and trip on my cord, including my singer haha. Def not worried about me so much.

Sounds like investing in a wireless system would be a good investment.

Back
Top Bottom