FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me alegro del español aquí. Espero que las preocupaciones sean vanas y nos callen la boca con una buena actualización. A mi me gusta como suena (vengo de otra marca y no hay color, este suena a "de verdad") pero yo, que toco con auriculares el 90% del tiempo, noto mucha diferencia entre subir las calidades de los ir y del reverb o no subirlas. Y yo que suelo tocar tonos muy limpios y simples, con un compresor, un ampli, una cab, un reverb y un looper, si los pongo todos a máxima calidad siempre estoy en la ralla del 81 u 82% o según que le toque a algo más, me paso del tope y tengo que bajar calidades. Para mi, la actualización deseable sería la que me permitiera bajar el consumo, incluso darme la posibilidad de añadirle un chorus o una distorsión sin bajar calidades...
Sinceramente, creo que eso va a pasar. No creo que FAS pueda permitirse lanzar un producto con una vida media de 4 o 5 años; creo que empresarialmente sería algo parecido a un fracaso. De hecho, siendo relativamente raros normalmente en mercado de segunda mano en España, en estos días desde que se anunció el fm9 turbo, ya se ven varios de segunda mano en venta por un precio de un 30-35% más bajo que nuevos, aparatos con un par de años de antigüedad... No creo que eso sea una buena noticia para FAS desde un punto de vista empresarial; no están solos en el mercado..., en absoluto.

Me alegro del español aquí. Espero que las preocupaciones sean vanas y nos callen la boca con una buena actualización. A mi me gusta como suena (vengo de otra marca y no hay color, este suena a "de verdad") pero yo, que toco con auriculares el 90% del tiempo, noto mucha diferencia entre subir las calidades de los ir y del reverb o no subirlas. Y yo que suelo tocar tonos muy limpios y simples, con un compresor, un ampli, una cab, un reverb y un looper, si los pongo todos a máxima calidad siempre estoy en la ralla del 81 u 82% o según que le toque a algo más, me paso del tope y tengo que bajar calidades. Para mi, la actualización deseable sería la que me permitiera bajar el consumo, incluso darme la posibilidad de añadirle un chorus o una distorsión sin bajar calidades...
Sinceramente, creo que eso va a pasar. No creo que FAS pueda permitirse lanzar un producto con una vida media de 4 o 5 años; creo que empresarialmente sería algo parecido a un fracaso. De hecho, siendo relativamente raros normalmente en mercado de segunda mano en España, en estos días desde que se anunció el fm9 turbo, ya se ven varios de segunda mano en venta por un precio de un 30-35% más bajo que nuevos, aparatos con un par de años de antigüedad... No creo que eso sea una buena noticia para FAS desde un punto de vista empresarial; no están solos en el mercado..., en absoluto.
Razón tienes. En España ocurre que siempre tenemos opción a obtener fractales nuevos cuando ya están "obsoletos?". Pero reitero, aunque lo de bajar el uso de CPU es interesante, ya creo que es jodidamente bueno, y que es más un tema de sugestión y deseo compulsivo ( naturaleza humana) de algo nuevo. Pero, si ayer algo era increíble, por qué hoy necesita mejora? Ojo, que soy el primero que está en esa situación, pero en algún punto hay que plantearse, no? Y cuando ese momento llegue...de repente ya no vale?

Por otro lado, celebro que hispano hablantes también nos animemos. Espero que nuestros compañeros anglófonos no se molesten...

While we all wait "patiently" for 6.0....Give this a try. Works great! Still plenty of milage with what's under the hood

Makes you wonder why a “switch” isn’t in the GUI to trigger this type of AITR simulation. The EQ part of course would be custom.
In a pinch you can just do that in the cab block using high and low cuts. Precious block space & Cpu saved on the FM3. Rather than adding a whole GEQ block, the output eq in the Amp block is adequate.

Razón tienes. En España ocurre que siempre tenemos opción a obtener fractales nuevos cuando ya están "obsoletos?". Pero reitero, aunque lo de bajar el uso de CPU es interesante, ya creo que es jodidamente bueno, y que es más un tema de sugestión y deseo compulsivo ( naturaleza humana) de algo nuevo. Pero, si ayer algo era increíble, por qué hoy necesita mejora? Ojo, que soy el primero que está en esa situación, pero en algún punto hay que plantearse, no? Y cuando ese momento llegue...de repente ya no vale?

Por otro lado, celebro que hispano hablantes también nos animemos. Espero que nuestros compañeros anglófonos no se molesten...
I was trying to be polite up above and humorous, but you really need to take it to Babel's Corner.

Last edited:
Perhaps because it can be seen as rude to the predominately English speaking members AND there is a specific place for inter-linguistic exchange?
What I found odd was that to me, it seemed a little rude to be telling people to "take it elsewhere". But whatever - I did ask the question and you have all given me an answer, so that's the end of that line of enquiry.

Hoping for a 6.0 tomorrow. I'm all about the SICs and it was months ago now that I was briefly talking to Cliff about these SIC improvements (he thought I was using an AF3, because my SIC question was asked in that forum); so I've been eager to try them since that time when he was working on them.

What I found odd was that to me, it seemed a little rude to be telling people to "take it elsewhere". But whatever - I did ask the question and you have all given me an answer, so that's the end of that line of enquiry.

Hoping for a 6.0 tomorrow. I'm all about the SICs and it was months ago now that I was briefly talking to Cliff about these SIC improvements (he thought I was using an AF3, because my SIC question was asked in that forum); so I've been eager to try them since that time when he was working on them.
Cool. Personally I love languages, but there's a time and place. Try to envision it to the extreme where you have three or four languages going back and forth in any one thread. Not everyone could participate.

granted that this particular thread is off the rails,
Actually, I do have something that is unusually very on topic.

With firmware 5.03 I can pretty much freeze my FM3 every time I use the hardware interface by fiddling with various speaker parameters on the hardware (not FM3-Edit).

Sometimes it can take an hour, sometimes just a few minutes, but it does eventually lock up. We're so close to 6.0 now though, that I will wait until that is released to see if the bug is still there before reporting it.

(or perhaps I just have reported it).

A couple of times I was changing the compliance parameter, another couple of times it was the HF resonance parameter. Sometimes, IIRC, it was switching SICs.

Last edited:
Actually, I do have something that is unusually very on topic.

With firmware 5.03 I can pretty much freeze my FM3 every time I use the hardware interface by fiddling with various speaker parameters on the hardware (not FM3-Edit). Sometimes it can take an hour, but it eventually locks up. We're so close to 6.0 now though, that I will wait until that is released to see if the bug is still there before reporting it.

(or perhaps I just have reported it).
I haven't experienced this, but then again I don't sit and tweak speaker parameters extensively.

If you think you have found a bug, then please post in that area.

Fair enough.

What I found odd was that to me, it seemed a little rude to be telling people to "take it elsewhere".
I understand that feeling, but @Greg Ferguson didn't intend any rudeness. English is the language of this forum — not only for native English speakers, but for everyone. This ensures that even non-native English speakers only need to learn one language to read the forum. It may not be their native language, but it is still only one language. If they learn that one language, they can participate in the entire forum.

Posts made in Spanish are a great help to Spanish-speaking people, but they are a hindrance to those who speak Polish or Mandarin or Marathi. Thank you for helping to keep this place accessible to the most people. :)

With firmware 5.03 I can pretty much freeze my FM3 every time I use the hardware interface by fiddling with various speaker parameters on the hardware (not FM3-Edit).
Please document the steps you followed. Being able to reproduce the problem consistently is the best way for the developers to find and fix a problem. Conversely, if they can’t duplicate it they can’t easily fix it.

Tag @rglr in your message as he will need to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom