FM3 5.03 Factory Presets

Check the selected output for each preset?

Sean Meredith-Jones
the output levels are registering a signal on the output block.
Which output are you using? It's been a few years since I set mine up, but I believe the factory presets default to Output 2. I think I had the same problem. If you are using Output 1, refer to the manual page 31 and in Settings have Output 2 copy to Output 1.

I only remember receiving my FM3 and when using Output 1 I had no sound. I then dug into the manual and made the setting change as per above and everything worked.
Yeah, that's the problem. Followed the manual and voila! I don't understand why Fractal created the presets this way, really frustrating.

the output levels are registering a signal on the output block.

Yeah, that's the problem. Followed the manual and voila! I don't understand why Fractal created the presets this way, really frustrating.
@unix-guy is right, Output 1 is the default. Regardless I'm glad it worked.

I use a 1/4" out (from the headphone jack) instead of XLR. I can't recall all of the ins and outs at this point, I only know that's what I had to do. Glad you're up and running!

He followed the procedure on page 31 of the manual for having the outputs match/copy each other.
So he set Output 2 / Copy Output 1.

That would have been easier to diagnose if we knew that he was using Output 2 from the beginning ;)

That would have been easier to diagnose if we knew that he was using Output 2 from the beginning ;)
He said that the factory presets all defaulted to Output 2. That makes no sense, mine all go to Output 1.

I think he should post a preset.

He said that the factory presets all defaulted to Output 2. That makes no sense, mine all go to Output 1.

I think he should post a preset.
I misspoke above. The default is Out 1. He's using Out 2 and everything is resolved. I don't use Austin Buddy's presets, but I'm guessing his are set up to use either Output since the OP had no issues with those.

I misspoke above. The default is Out 1. He's using Out 2 and everything is resolved. I don't use Austin Buddy's presets, but I'm guessing his are set up to use either Output since the OP had no issues with those.
I don't know about on FM3 but the Austin Buddy ones for Axe Fx III definitely have multiple outputs (for different uses), at least some of bundles anyway.

Yeah, it would be easy and I probably wouldn't have posted an issue if I knew what the root cause was. I only knew what the symptoms were.

yes, but now I do.
Don't sweat it. Fractal's system is very different from other modelers I've used; it's a definite learning curve. Any other modeler you just plug in and go. With Fractal it's more like building a virtual pedal board. Lots of folks around here have been using Fractal for years and it's easy to lose sight of that paradigm shift.

Don't sweat it. Fractal's system is very different from other modelers I've used; it's a definite learning curve. Any other modeler you just plug in and go. With Fractal it's more like building a virtual pedal board. Lots of folks around here have been using Fractal for years and it's easy to lose sight of that paradigm shift.
I don't sweat too much of anything anymore and thanks. Right now, all I have time for is playing, teaching, practicing, my day job + all the other responsibilities. I do plan on going into a deep dive on this stuff in my retirement since I own all of the Fractal products. Becoming a better musician is always my first responsibility, that is the most important.

Back
Top Bottom