FM3 5.03 Factory Presets

I used that link and it took me to the webpage....the 1st post in this thread.
I posted it because the post explains why there is a revision to the original “official” 5.03 factory presets. Thus, the “b” designation. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your initial reason for pointing out the latest official Factory Presets for Firmware 5.03 are designated 5.03b.

I posted it because it explains why there is a revision to the original “official” 5.03 factory presets. Thus, the “b” designation. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your initial reason for pointing out the latest official Factory Presets for Firmware 5.03 are designated 5.03b.
I've always seen b as beta, as opposed to an increase in number as a change in firmware...5.04 for example. Like I said, no biggie either way.

I've always seen b as beta, as opposed to an increase in number as a change in firmware...5.04 for example. Like I said, no biggie either way.
You know that’s a good point. I assumed (and possibly incorrectly) differently. However, betas are never listed on the main website. I think they wanted to keep the presets the same revision as the FW, but still wanted to make a distinction. I have seen letters used in other products to delineate full revisions. I agree…you bring up a good point as FAS does use “b” to pertain to beta. “No biggie” is the grand scheme.

It seems at this stage of the game getting everything aligned with the bigger brothers is becoming very much a work in progress for the FM3. Possibly resources getting spread thin in more ways than DSP. I know every business I talk to is having a hell of time between supply, and keeping good employees and plain old no one wants to work. I have a feeling FAS employees consider themselves fortunate.

It seems at this stage of the game getting everything aligned with the bigger brothers is becoming very much a work in progress for the FM3. Possibly resources getting spread thin in more ways than DSP. I know every business I talk to is having a hell of time between supply, and keeping good employees and plain old no one wants to work. I have a feeling FAS employees consider themselves fortunate.
I do think they want to keep everything aligned. Actually, if you download this new file, you'll see that the file name does not contain the "beta" designation. I think this was viewed as just a "quick fix".

Hello Yek from Spain. Do you have a layout guide for fm3+fc6?. I Saw Leon Todd video about fc6 controller where says about Yek organización fc6. Can you send me please??. Thanks

I haven’t updated factory presets since I bought my FM3 (pre Cygnus). I finally did it last night, well worth it!
I usually build my own from scratch but these are nice.

I haven’t updated factory presets since I bought my FM3 (pre Cygnus). I finally did it last night, well worth it!
I usually build my own from scratch but these are nice.
Have you updated the firmware too? Updating the presets without the associated firmware update is leaving 3/4 of the sound improvements untouched.

Hi @Admin M@ - unsure if this has been reported but the jmpre preset still defaults to an 8 band eq rather than the correct new jmp eq, so if you try and crank the authentic TMB-P controls Iron Maiden style you get a muddy mess. Changing to the right EQ fixes and makes the best JMP-1 sounds I’ve ever heard.

The amp thump and amp transformer features just released in AXE3 update sound pretty rad… hopefully they make their way to the FM3…

Sean Meredith-Jones

Uh, not a single one of the factory presets produce any sound. I have the latest firmware. I also have installed some Austin Buddy presets and they work. What the hey? I also checked the output levels and the levels are jumping as expected when playing.

Uh, not a single one of the factory presets produce any sound. I have the latest firmware. I also have installed some Austin Buddy presets and they work. What the hey? I also checked the output levels and the levels are jumping as expected when playing.
Check the selected output for each preset?

Sean Meredith-Jones

How are you monitoring? Are Output knobs on the front panel turned up?

Which output are you using? It's been a few years since I set mine up, but I believe the factory presets default to Output 2. I think I had the same problem. If you are using Output 1, refer to the manual page 31 and in Settings have Output 2 copy to Output 1.
Factory presets on all Fractal devices are Output 1, I believe.

Austin Buddy presets may have both outputs assigned, which is why I asked about what is being used to monitor and if the knobs were turned up...

Factory presets on all Fractal devices are Output 1, I believe.

Austin Buddy presets may have both outputs assigned, which is why I asked about what is being used to monitor and if the knobs were turned up...
I only remember receiving my FM3 and when using Output 1 I had no sound. I then dug into the manual and made the setting change as per above and everything worked.

Double check if you really have the latest firmware ? Or, backup your settings and try resetting to default

Back
Top Bottom