Instrument input (secret sauce) differences FM9, FM3 & AF3

Bassman00

Has anyone noticed a difference with Drive block (fuzz specifically) and Amp responses between the units due to the "secret sauce" differences between these units?
I just received a FM9 and hope to test some against my FM3 in the coming weeks. I was never overjoyed with the feel and dynamics of the fuzz and OD pedals in the drive block. Amps feel much better. I wound up using my favorite fuzz and OD pedals prior to the FM3 as things sounded better to me that way. Of course, and it's extremely likely, this all could be user error. Won't be the first time....

That's not what Secret Sauce is... That's about optimizing signal to noise ratio.

You're probably thinking about the variable Input Impedance, which the FM3 doesn't have...

I was thinking it did but I just checked the Blocks Guide which says only Axe Fx III....

Oh well. I put myself on the wait list recently. Love the FM3 but could use more firepower. From what I understand, the variable input Z is mostly for the old fuzz pedals. Thanks for looking it up.

Oh well. I put myself on the wait list recently. Love the FM3 but could use more firepower. From what I understand, the variable input Z is mostly for the old fuzz pedals. Thanks for looking it up.
Yeah, there are a handful of effects that are affected...

That's not what Secret Sauce is... That's about optimizing signal to noise ratio.

You're probably thinking about the variable Input Impedance, which the FM3 doesn't have...
Thanks for catching my gaffe. Yes, I confused the two. Reading up more, I have a feeling I was thinking this is a bigger deal than it actually is. At least this thread caught a difference between the wiki and the manual.:)

Back
Top Bottom