I Found A Marshall I'm Really Enjoying...

TSJMajesty

Fractal Fanatic
...in the Bostonian preset.

For some reason I haven't really dug the Marshalls. Most of my favorite presets are Mesa-based; probably some bias going on, since I feel like I could get a tone out of just about any amp that I'd like.

So lately I've been forcing myself out of familiar territory, and again scrolling thru the factory presets with the intent of tweaking them until I like one of them enough to play with it for a while.

I love that Boston tone, from a listener standpoint, but never really liked it for my own tone. I'm 'that' guy who tends to scoop the EQ. But I was digging Scene 4 of that preset (Lead Delay) so much that it really surprised me to see that it was using 2 JCM 800's. A buddy of mine had a 100 watt half stack back in the day (I had the 50 watt JCM 900 myself), and I always loved his amp!! Much to my chagrin that if I was being honest, his sounded better than mine! But when I bought mine new, all I knew was I wanted a MARSHALL. It was the shit!! But by then, the 800 was out of production. I just didn't know enough about the various models, at that time. But I digress...

I'm really digging this tone! All I did was add an 8-band GEQ block after the amp & cab, and boost one of the upper frequenciess just a few dB, and I can't put down my guitar!

So maybe the takeaway is to go wild once in a while, and venture into unknown areas. Because..., we CAN! Gawd I love this thing!

That's all. As you were. ;)

I’m a Marshall guy. I own two Marshall jackets which are my favourite. JCM 800, JMP 2204 and JTM45 (with Plexi 100W tone stack) all the way.

Today I however noodled with preset 000 (Fender Bassman 59) for over 6 hours. Not going to buy a Fender jacket, but oh man that was fun. I’ll maybe have to think about having one Fender amp in my default preset.

I’m a Marshall guy. I own two Marshall jackets which are my favourite. JCM 800, JMP 2204 and JTM45 (with Plexi 100W tone stack) all the way.

Today I however noodled with preset 000 (Fender Bassman 59) for over 6 hours. Not going to buy a Fender jacket, but oh man that was fun. I’ll maybe have to think about having one Fender amp in my default preset.
Same over here, the bassman is killer, i have to thank you for your older post about using the Plexi 100W tonestack with the JTM45...
I freaking love that combination...plexis mmhhh <3

The '65 Bassguy Bass model is one of my favorites. Its Bass channel is like a really pissed-off blackface Fender.

"The 65 Bassguy was matched to a 65 Bassman that Dweezil sent me. It's a vicious amp that sounds more like a Plexi than a Fender. It's the infamous AB165 circuit which is very crunchy and bright and does not sound like your typical Fender." [25]

My fav Marshall model is the 6CA7 followed by the 1987 jumped. I still haven’t completely gelled with the Bassman but I dabble with it sometimes. Are you guys using Bassman IRs or Marshall like cabs with it?

One amp I’ve been liking a lot is the Nuclear Tone. The Swart. It’s a great model.

My fav Marshall model is the 6CA7 followed by the 1987 jumped. I still haven’t completely gelled with the Bassman but I dabble with it sometimes. Are you guys using Bassman IRs or Marshall like cabs with it?

One amp I’ve been liking a lot is the Nuclear Tone. The Swart. It’s a great model.
marshall cabs all the way for me with the bassman

Did you try the 100W Jump with the JTM45 Tonestack yet? Keeping the Normal Channel higher and adjusting the treble bleed its kinda like a Superbass, i love it!

Mine is the jvm410hjs... I liked it so much that i bought 2 heads... And seems that after years this great amp is starting to have his credit.. Finally people realized is a completely another amp next to original jvm.

Back
Top Bottom